Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I finally finished my NA-T install and I have problems already. The car will start fine but it will rev up and down between 800 to 1500 rpms. Also when I press on the gas pedal the car will not rev at all, instead it bogs down. I am running on stock compression and fuel at 7psi. Also I set car to run the blow through style which could be the problem. Please help.

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Hmmm sounds like a vaccums leak man....Double check ur intercooler piping man....You could easily run your car without any fuel management on the beginning....

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yeah I double checked the intercooler pipes and clamps, they are good. If you press down on the gas pedal the car will shot to like 3000rps then die down to 2500 then jump up all the way to 4000rpm and the turbo will try spool then die. Any idea's guys????

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
sure it sounds like a vaccum leak man.......this afternoon, I was running my 15 psi NA-T and a vaccum from my intake manifold disconnected and my car ride exactly like ur man....

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What other vacuum lines should I look for? I know all the vacuum on the intake is good.

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Are u able to get idle ???

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
Hmm post parts of ur setup......I had 525 injectors, 2mm HG + LS400 maf and the was running nice at idle.....Did u install new head studs ????

·
Registered
157 Posts
lelou21 said:
Hmm post parts of ur setup......I had 525 injectors, 2mm HG + LS400 maf and the was running nice at idle.....Did u install new head studs ????
Which is exactly what I was getting at, I wasn't saying he couldn't be running without some type of aftermarket fuel management.

We can't help you if we don't know your entire setup, so please post up everything you've done (motor wise)...

·
DaveH disciple
368 Posts
My idle was perfect without any fuel management dude with 525cc injectors + 2mm HG + LS400 maf......anyway, we need to know his setup....

·
Registered
157 Posts
Once again, I am very familiar with your type of setup and I'm sure it worked out just fine for you... look at his first post, his great description was "stock fuel"... you can run stock fuel (injectors, rail, pump, etc.) and have a SAFC (known as fuel/engine management)... I just wanted to make sure I had a complete understanding of his current setup...

And if you wana get nit-picky, the LS400 maf is not "stock" fuel management ;)

Now ASSuming you havn't put anything on the car for fuel management, it sounds like your car is running in limp mode (is there any black smoke comming out of the exhaust?)
Also, and I know you've already done this, really go over all your vac lines and be sure they're good... after that, check your MAF and make sure the connection is good there as well as the rest of your electrical connections...

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
K guys. I think I might have solve the problem but not sure since I have not driven it. I originally had it on blow through set up but I went back and connected the MAF to the turbo. I car seems to hold idle fine right now. I will you keep you guys inform though. As for my set up I have an ITS turbo that is .70A/R, custom down pipe and manifold "log style", ls400 maf, stock injectors,pump, fuel rail. Hope this helps. Just ask if you guys need more info, thanks again for all your help guys.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts