Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Admin
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are in the middle of painting my car. I drove it there without a front bumper. They replaced my gas tank because mine got a tiny puncture in it and I found another one for a steal. The battery was dead before I drove it there, so I jumped it with my winter car. It started up and ran fine on the way there. Now it just turns over but it doesn't completely start. They had the whole rear end apart inside and out.

What could it be?

Brittany

M

·
0 Posts
I would imagine that your battery is just faulty/too old cuz the car is just too great. I have the same problem with my other Toyota, but it has 234k on it, just replaced the battery w/ a Die Hard, and checked the alternator, but that's fine, but after a while the car still dies. If you figure out what your problem and fix, let me know.

·
1,522 Posts
Brittany said:
They are in the middle of painting my car. I drove it there without a front bumper. They replaced my gas tank because mine got a tiny puncture in it and I found another one for a steal. The battery was dead before I drove it there, so I jumped it with my winter car. It started up and ran fine on the way there. Now it just turns over but it doesn't completely start. They had the whole rear end apart inside and out.

What could it be?

Brittany
I know this doesn't help with your problem, but what color did you finally decide on?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Supras that sit are known to drain the battery....i parked mine for the winter...and went to start it after a week....dead....had to fully recharge. Another week...it died again! after a full recharge it back to normal.....make sure to unplug the battery when the car sits!!!!

·
0 Posts
Brittany,
I dont think anyone read your post correctly (or maybe i am misreading it! :)) but it sounds like the Batt is not the prob it sounds like the car isnt getting fuel. i would have them check to be sure that there is pressure in the line, if not thats your prob, it could be that there is a blow fues or 2 or 3! :) or they might have forgotten to hook the pump back up!

(PS you can also just listen for that wonderful hissing sound under the hood it is fuel running throught the system)

if you have fuel pressure and it still wont start it could be a number of different things.

But if its turning over, but not starting sounds like no fuel! :)

PS im in the process of putting my engine back together and had this exact problem, turned out to be a blown fuse!

·
No Mercy
387 Posts
Brittany,

If they changed your fuel tank then they may have screwed up or shorted out something in the fuel system (pump?).

If you haven't fired your car up w/ the new tank at all, make sure the pump is working, tank is sealed, and let the pump warm up/provide pressure a little bit before cranking the motor. Check your fuel pressure regulator and if possible, check a fuel pressure gauge for the pressure in your lines.

Also, your plugs may be fouled from running too rich from before (wild guess).

·
Retired Admin
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok i'm covered in dust (Body shops ...)

Anyways, I got it fixed. I changed the plugs and checked all of the fuel connections and harnesses in the rear. Then I made sure the battery was charged all the way and she started right up. She won't hold an idle but I can sleep now.

Thanks
Brittany
:D

*edit I decided to keep it the same color - custom pearl red.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts