Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my car wont start all of a sudden.. I took off the upper intake manifold to put in a new gasket and put it all back together and now the car will not start.

It cranks over and sometimes it feels like its about to then it dies and dosent feel like it will start at all. If you wait it will almost start again. As it is cranking it blows a lot of white smoke.

Ive checked everything and i cant figure it out ...

any ideas.. thanks

·
boost is good
772 Posts
you sure you didnt put one of the coolant lines into a vacume port? that would cause white smoke and your car wouldnt start...have you pulled the plugs? if that was the case they would probably be all wet after tryin to start it...

R

·
0 Posts
White smoke = blown headgasket. That's the only thing I can think of.

Ryan

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im pretty sure i put the coolant lines in the right spot.. Ill have to double check that. I blew air in the lines and didnt hear any leaks on intake manifold.

The car dosent have a BHG.. it ran prefect before i did this

S

·
0 Posts
check the coolant lines. coolant lines runs into the throttle body to cool the air down. make sure you got the lines going to the right place.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok i checked the lines they seem to be correct..

I got the car to acutally start! Its still blowing white smoke. Its backfireing after reving up.. Im thinking it could be missing some and not burning off all the gas in the engine. It smokes very bad after the backfires

What do you think?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just pulled the plugs that were in the for like 15 mins of run time and they are carbon fouled like crazy! What would cause it to foul up so quick?

Thanks

·
boost is good
772 Posts
supradoopa said:
check the coolant lines. coolant lines runs into the throttle body to cool the air down. make sure you got the lines going to the right place.
to cool the air down?!!? how would 200 degree water cool the air down...lots of people bypass the throttle body by connecting the coolent lines together

they are there for cold conditions so the throttle body doesnt stick or something like that

they basically just heat up your intake air, i removed mine and drove it in freezing weather and never had a problem

S

·
0 Posts
gritsak said:
to cool the air down?!!? how would 200 degree water cool the air down...lots of people bypass the throttle body by connecting the coolent lines together

they are there for cold conditions so the throttle body doesnt stick or something like that

they basically just heat up your intake air, i removed mine and drove it in freezing weather and never had a problem
my bad.. I am car illiterate.

·
boost is good
772 Posts
i know you said you went over the vacume connections and everything but are you sure that the map sensor is hooked up and into a good clear source? and what about the FPR? what fuel pressure are you running with the vacume line disconnected at idle?

those are the only things i can really think of..unless its a big ass leak somewhere

·
Registered
346 Posts
It doesn't sound like this would be your problem, but I had tons of white smoke pouring out of my exhaust when I blew a turbo seal, but I guess it can't hurt to take a look in your ic pipe to see if you've got any oil in there.
Tony

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
orangesupratt said:
AEM EMS, Fuel System with 720 cc injectors duel pumps, no maf...
When did you do this conversion? And when you did are you sure you wired the injector clips right? I am having a TON of white smoke too and I cant figure it out. My compression numbers seem to be mediocre but consistent not hinting at a BHG especially considering I JUST changed it and I didnt think you can blow a headgasket of a car thats never really ran over but 4k rpms. But I have the same problem a TON of white smoke out of my downpipe.

Here is a vid to give you an idea of whats going on:

http://webpages.charter.net/thomsoncharm/MOV00567.MPG

look similar?

·
Registered
220 Posts
What version AEM are you running? There was a problem with some of the older ones that left the injectors open while the car was off, filling the cylinders with gas.

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
FattyCBR said:
What version AEM are you running? There was a problem with some of the older ones that left the injectors open while the car was off, filling the cylinders with gas.
thats exactly what happend with my AEM.... and my car... now it sits at a shop getting taken apart to see if there is any damage..

would AEM replace the unit?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it could be the aem's fault but it never had a problem before this. It is dumping large amounts of fuel in the engine! I pulled evey efi fues and the pumps fuses and cranked over the engine with no plugs in and it was shooting gas everywhere! Im almost positive is a fuel issue but i dont know how to fix it.

On the wideband it said it was idling at 10.4 to 1 ar after i fixed all my leaks, which is pig rich but not stuck wide open.. Do they only get stuck open after a WOT run?

Thanks

·
Oh I think they like me.
714 Posts
Yeah I didn't have a problem with it before... it dumped about 3-4 gallons into the engine/exhaust... which needed to be drained out..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts