Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hardtop >
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I stored the car for the winter and now that its getting nice out i went to start her up today. but it wouldnt turn over! It cranks but wont turn on. Over the winter, i removed my intake manifold, throttlebody, valve cover, and stock twin piping to get polished. I put it all back together and went to start it today but it wouldnt start. I checked all the connections and everything. I noticed that inside the car the check engine light came on, then after a minute or so, the airbag light came on. What does this mean? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
856 Posts
i know with my wrx when i took the stock intake off and put on an aem intake on it. when i put the sensor back in it i wasnt paying attention and i put it in backwards and it wouldnt start.

·
Hardtop >
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just checked that, its connected correctly. The only thing i can think of is it has something to do with the egr system. I removed it over the winter, and put in the block off plates. I put the resistor in one of the connectors that connected to the egr system. Maybe the resistor isnt properly installed? Do i have to put a resistor in both of the connectors that go to the egr system? Let me know what you guys think.

·
Hardtop >
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought of another thing that may not be letting my car start. There must be a ground wire somewhere that isnt bolted down. How many ground wires are connected to the engine? I remember connecting one to the intake manifold, and one that goes to the block where the rear engine hook is. Are there any other ground wires on the 2jz-gte?

Also, i removed the 2 engine hooks from the engine. Does the ground wire in the back of the engine need to be connected to the rear engine hook to be grounded properly? I have the ground connected strait to the block. Do the engine hooks need to be installed for it to be grounded properly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts