Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

couple days ago when I tried to start my car it cranks but won't start up.. =( My mechanic friend came over to check it out and said it was the ignition coil cuz he tested it and didn't see sparks. I ordered the part from my local toyota dealer, replaced it.. and car still didn't budge.. =(... I towed the car to my friend's shop so he could check it out more throughly and now he says he's 95% sure that it is the ignitor.. but it could also be the crankshaft sensor... Anyways, before I shell out 400+ bucks(dealer quote) for a new ignitor... I would like some input on this problem.. what do you guys think could be the problem? Anybody encountered this problem before? thanks...

-Vic

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
I am still having the SAM EXACT problem. Do you have the 12V cap mod or the VSV bypass mod? I have this done and no BCC so someone had mentioned to me that it might be the fuel pump. With this mod you up the current to a constant 12 volts so there is a chance that the fuel pump could melt. You might want to check this out first. Let me know if you have either of these mods.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts