Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guyz, my car tends not to start some times. Especially in the heat. I have read several articles concerning this and have replaced the starter L contacts and understand the heat soke, rar rar Works great, apart from in really hot weather. Anyway is it possible for the starter L contacts to wear down really quickly, coz 4 months have gone by and it seems to come back every now and then. The weird thing is if I try to start it, click clik, but notengine rotate so I begin to try and clutch start it. After my girlfriend fails, we tried cranking again and it works. Is there some sort of inhibiter or something, coz this is got me totally confused. Any ideas???? Seems to work great in colder weather.

I do have an aftermarket alarm, and if there is no stock imobilliser in a supra then this alarm I have must have imobilisation features.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
will does the starter have "starter kill" option? if that is...imo its dumb cuz if they wanted to steal ur car they could just push start it...but anyway to see if ur starting is working at all and this is also to see if its ur relay...cut the small blue and black wire from the bottom of the starter...crimp the wire and get another wire....hook it up to the half that is still on the starter and put it on the positive of the batter...if it cranks then its nothing to do with ur starter itself...

P

·
0 Posts
Most alarms, if the start kill is kicked on the car won't turn over at all. It's a relay on the ignition circuit, so if you turn the key and here the starter kicking over then it, probably, isn't your alarm causing the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts