Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car's been sitting for about 2+ years and I put a fresh new battery in 2 days ago and it started up after some time of cranking it. Now today, 2 days later, I went into start the car again, but it's not even cranking now. I just hear one click once I turn the key and the fuel pump going.

Could it be an alternator? That's my first guess....

· Top Secret
1993 NA-t MKIV & 1994 Single Turbo MKIV
619 Posts
Check voltage on the bat.
Check for spark.
Check for fuel.
Make sure battery terminals are not corroded.
Test the starter for voltage. try bumping it with the back of a breaker bar or something *don't beat the crap out of it, just a few good hits while someone starts the car.*

Try jump starting it. If it turns on, turn on the lights and everything to put a load on the bat. If it tries to die or does die then its your alternator.

· Registered
2,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
battery voltage is good. it's only 1 week old..

The car was low on gas, so i put some fuel in it and now when i turn the key, it makes a rapid clicking sound..i think it's coming from the starter..but not sure...i tried hitting the starter with a pry bar and start the car again...but no luck.

I can't jump start the car cause the car is in the garage on jack stands....

any ideas?

· Registered
1,320 Posts
yes it should read much higher ! u might have a good draw on it

jump start it and see if that works.
if so......u got a bunk battery or have a large draw on the battery

· Administrator
11,506 Posts
You need to charge that battery, purchase a trickle charger they are fairly inexpensive. The voltage is on the low side yes, you might have purchased an old battery or you have a draw somewhere draining it between starts. Charge it with the negative unplugged, and once charged only attach it when you want to start it until you find the cause of the issue.

good luck.

Matt

· The Slow And The Curious
793 Posts
Glad you got it worked out

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.