Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made a couple other posts, so far seem to have ruled out the knock sensor, up to this point I just put my motor in, new head gasket, redone head, valve job etc. Right now it will turn over then sounds like it misses then dies. The car is definitely getting fuel, it has spark, and I rechecked the timing marks and all that is fine. both marks at the top when the crack pulley is at zero. Checked to make sure everything was plugged in, the cam position sensor is in the same position as when I took it out, trying to think what else. appreciate the help hopefully somebody can help fix this.

·
Registered
259 Posts
you need fuel spark and air to get it to run. Sounds like the afm isnt plugged in. You might want to try moving the cps... Just mark where it is now.. advance or retard it a little and see if it runs... If it doesnt help put it back..

Make sure the afm is cool and all the pipes and vac lines are tight. Check for cracks on the cps wires too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i tried moving the cps around, right now it is where it originally was before I pulled it apart (you can see the bolt mark). The afm is plugged in, I sprayed/cleaned the wires with electric spray cleaner. Question though, the igniter felt warm/hot after trying to start it, could that be the whole problem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts