Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been in the shop for over a month. I had a wreck and they put a new front end, quarter panels etc on. All they did was start it and move it a few feet at a time and now its done they cant get it to start. They are saying its cause it runs so rich that it has fouled the plugs...??? Is this the case? It was running perfectly fine even after the wreck. Do you think a new set of NGK3330's will fix the problem? I cant pick it up till Monday and even then they wont have the right plugs for it..
HELP. It has been over a month and I want it back

jeff

also how long will the HKS AFR hold its memory? I have no Idea how long the battery was unplugged.

·
Registered
161 Posts
How well do you trust these guys working on your car? Reason I ask is maybe they messed something up and don't want to fess up to it, so they're just playing it off like they don't know what's wrong. Just a thought.

Anyway, starting it often, just to move it a few feet and shutting it off could very well drain the battery. Maybe they drained the battery, tried to jump it, and got the terminals reversed? Blew a fuse? Or worse, did some serious electrical damage, to the ignitor, harness, or ECU? That happened to me once. Blew the main 120 Amp fuse in the engine bay. And fried my ignitor. Well, I'm just throwing out some worst case scenarios for you to think about. Did you go and check the car out yourself, or are you just going off what they've told you so far? I recommend you go and take a look for yourself.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent seen the car for a week now. The starting problem happened while I was in Fla. I did not get back till yesturday afternoon and they were closed by then.
I dont think that they have screwed anything up. I think they have been afraid to drive it and it needs to be driven to "blow the soot out" and clean off the plugs.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They took out the plugs which were suppoosed to be NGK 3330's. They were fouled and they were not the right plugs?:( WTF? They put in the stock Denso platnum plugs and I have ordered another set of 3330's. Will the stock platnum plugs hurt anything?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found out the NGK 3330 are to keep from getting a miss at high RPMs. I am running VERY rich now I think. I am seeing smoke at low rpms in high gears when I get on the gas. ?????

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts