Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I am an arms deala!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...
I'm really confused on what's going on with my car.
Tonight when I left work the car started great. I went and got gas (91 octane) and went to a friends house. When I left my friends house I started the car and it just died. So I tried to restart it and viola she worked. Anyways I got home and did some stuff and then I had to run another errand. When I went to start the car same problem..
Tries to start sputters and then dies. Unfortunately I can't get it to start at all know. Here are my mods somebody please help me!!!

Blitz SUS power intake
Hks Ti exhaust
Custom 3.5" dp
Blitz SBC-iD
FFCD
EGR
12-volt fuel mod
ETTC switch
and I believe that's it...

Thanks for the help,

Jesse

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Could be any number of things.

Does it turn over? If not them it may be a battery or started.

When it ran did it idle funny or run wierd, or was it normal. If it ran wierd then you may have a book leak. (popped off an IC hose)

If it ran right when it was running, and it cranks but won't run, then your problem is likely spark or fuel.

If you feel adventurous you can pull off a couple col packs and crank the car with the coil packs sitting on metal and see if you get spark. If not that's your problem. If you get spark, then it's probably a fuel problem.

If this is the case then you need to check your fuel filter and your fuel pump. If a fuel filter gets dirty enough, it will stop fuel from getting through rather than letting it muck up your injectors. Your fuel pump may have gone out on you though since you did the 12v mod which can overheat the pump if you drive around with a low gas level it can overheat.

And then there's always the chance that your ECU just crapped out.

Good Luck!

·
0 Posts
well, the car starts, fires once then dies. after several attempts the garrage begins to smell like gas.

toyota thinks it may be the ignitor, since the car will start but not run.

any other sujestions? fuel pump? coils??
-thanks

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
BPUed,

I agree with RSA Supra's step-by-step elimination process.
One more possibility--the last fill of gas may have been bad (water, etc.). Did you get the gas late at night on a rainy day?Was this a gas station that you frequent or was it a one time deal?

If you don't mind, on another subject, a while ago you requested some help from board members when you were about to test Road Dyno.
Could you please share with us your experience with it?

Jay :cool:

·
I am an arms deala!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ok,

Heres what I found out...

The 12v fuel pump mod had a cold solder joint and I was able to resoder and the car started up and runs even better then before

Supra_10..

I really liked the road dyno it was a lot of fun and all you have to do is attach one wire to the tach wire up by the coils. It was pretty simple to setup. I almost think that road dyno numbers could be more accurate then a chassis dyno. These figures were put up with a 15% drivetrain loss... I don't know if that's too low for the Auto Supra or not....

You can check it out at:
http://www.i-awd.com/impreza/dyno/dynoday/sixthgear.htm

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
BPUed,

Glad to see that you identified the cause and that it turned out to be a simple fix. Also, thanks for posting it. :)

Regarding the Road Dyno, where did you buy it and how much did you pay? Is it avail via dealers?

Thx,

Jay :blue:

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
lol i was about to suggest the 12v mod was the problem i thought mabe some thing came loose ..glad you found the problem!

·
I am an arms deala!
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know where to get the road dyno from...Some guy here in town had one and offered to do the dyno for us. I was quite a bit of fun and as you can see it fairly accurate.

I am always happy to try to help out the community....
So any time I learn something new about this car I like to share it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts