Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it tries to start it acts like it's not getting any fuel. It just keeps clicking and trying, but getting nowhere. Sometimes it sputtered and acted like it might, then stopped again. It's been having some trouble starting here and there but always would start within at most 5-6 seconds of cranking. I've also been having a problem with the car misfiring for a while now, though I don't know if that is related or not. Only mods are a K&N intake, HKS SS bov, and turbo timer. 92 Turbo.

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
check and see if the CPs is dirty. Take the cap off and spray some electrial cleaner in there. also check the CPS wires. I have found a few times when my car would not start i just "wiggled" the CPS harness and it fired right up.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it turned out to be the cps connection that time, but just now it's started again, doing the same thing as before. Of course the first thing I checked is the cps and it's connected fine. Don't see any problems with the wires or anything. I'm going to keep going through checking everything I can, but if any of you have any suggestions post 'em up.

·
Registered
404 Posts
What codes are you getting?

Hopefully not code 51 or 41. Loot of trouble with those, still going through that with mine now.

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
Check your timing.

Also my CPS wiriing was corroded and was half green when I looked at the wires so I replaced them all the way up to where the oil cap is.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I got it to start, it appears to have been the cps again. I had reconnected it and it didn't seem to help, but I just did it again shook the wires around some more and it started. I may have to look into replacing the wires.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
Revolver said:
well I got it to start, it appears to have been the cps again. I had reconnected it and it didn't seem to help, but I just did it again shook the wires around some more and it started. I may have to look into replacing the wires.
yessir. common problem. what happens is over time the pins inside the harness connector become loose and make poor contact w/ the cps connector. you can either purchase new pins to crimp on and snap back into the connector OR after @#%[email protected]# like i was just cut the damn clips off and solder them together.

dave

·
Registered
404 Posts
Revolver said:
But just out of curiousity, did you get any codes during that time.? Reset the ECU and then check the codes.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll check 'em tomarrow and post up what I have. I hate doing it though because my diagnostic connection is all busted up and comes apart more each time I jump the pins.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Revolver said:
I'll check 'em tomarrow and post up what I have. I hate doing it though because my diagnostic connection is all busted up and comes apart more each time I jump the pins.

Ok, cool. I'm curious....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts