Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
regretfully supraless
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was supposed to be in class today at 8am, and I went out to my car at 7:30, and the POS won't start! It tries and tries and tries but just won't crank! It's not the battery b/c lights, etc. come on, and I highly doubt it's an alternator or a starter...only thing I can think of is that it got cold last night and I'm running 100% water (I'm not putting antifreeze/coolant in b/c I'm burning it all off like a mofo, so Im not goin to waste $)

The thing is, it got just as cold last night (I think) and it started yesterday morning...what is the deal!?! I'm going to be screwed royally if it won't start later today...not to mention I feel like a retard having to ride with my mommy to school! :dunno:

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
what does it do when it won't start... i guess it's not cranking... is it just clicking?

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
If it cranks and the starter is going but it's not starting, wiggle your CPS harness. It's a green harness right by the stock BOV location. If that gets at all loose or brittle (and with the cars age, I'm sure it is) it sometimes won't make a full connection. If the CPS is not fully connected, the car will not start.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Could be ur intire cam sensor... mine went last week and the car woulnt start. Toyota wanted the part for 963 $ but i ended up finding one locally for 50 bucks. its a quick 30 min fix, jsut have to redo ur timing.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
Ur coolant I mean water could have frozen or gotten all slushy. I was warned not to put too much water in mine due to no starts on cold mornings, I suggest not going the cheap route with things cuz they'll bite ya in the ass. :bootyshak

·
regretfully supraless
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out it was just a broken connector on the fuel pump relay...thank God b/c I don't have the money to replace anything big, and I don't have the means of transportation besides that car... one should know better than to depend on a MKIII as a daily driver! :p

·
Registered
838 Posts
Trent said:
If it cranks and the starter is going but it's not starting, wiggle your CPS harness. It's a green harness right by the stock BOV location. If that gets at all loose or brittle (and with the cars age, I'm sure it is) it sometimes won't make a full connection. If the CPS is not fully connected, the car will not start.
agreed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts