Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden it refuses to crank over. I turn the key and get full power but try to start and I get nothing. There's no click, no starter trying to turn, just dead, and my AC panel and clock dim, everything else is fine. I checked behind the panel and all wiring is fine, fuses are good, relay is good, what are my other options????????????

· 2JZ-GET Single
130 Posts
Auto or manual trans? Could be the sensor in the clutch or the in park sensor for an automatic.

Could also just be the starter. Mine went bad at about 80k miles but it was no doubt the starter.

Check the voltage at the starter with a meter to see if it gets power when the key is in the start position.

· Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a 6spd. The starter was the only thing I did'nt check because you never hear of them going bad on a supra. I'll check it out.

· Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't get how it could be the battery if the only thing that dims is the center console, and unless it's completely dead the starter will still try to turn.

· Hardtop Crew
11,618 Posts
its the battery go to pep boys keep the receipt drop her in and start her up if thats not it take it back...

· Boost4fun
1,931 Posts
Have you actually checked the clutch switch? If this is fefective you will not get any click ;)
For a check just bridge it and see what happens.
I doubt it´s the battery because your cluster lamps would go dark when starting usually.

· Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright, you guys win and I look like an idiot. Auto Zone sucks, not enough crank amps in the battery just needed a full charge. It's funny that I just beleived what the man said without double checking myself.
Thanks guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.