Supra Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I dropped tank thank God , cause I've never seen a pump or inside of a plastic tank this bad. Wow , the rubber line that connects pump to metal supply line was almost completely gone. So I think I found the issue pretty much on that issue. But I need recommendations on pump to put in it. Oman to go twin turbo , with a shot of NOS but that's down the road . Cause theres 100s of pumps out there . I'm looking at 255ltr an hr pump. Should I go bigger ?

·
handy with the steel
377 Posts
Well I dropped tank thank God , cause I've never seen a pump or inside of a plastic tank this bad. Wow , the rubber line that connects pump to metal supply line was almost completely gone. So I think I found the issue pretty much on that issue. But I need recommendations on pump to put in it. Oman to go twin turbo , with a shot of NOS but that's down the road . Cause theres 100s of pumps out there . I'm looking at 255ltr an hr pump. Should I go bigger ?
Radium and PHR both make very nice multi pump hangers. As for which pump, that depends on a lot of things, but FWIW I went with Walboro F90000274.

Real street published the most comprehensive fuel pump comparison I've ever seen, definitely check it out:

Real Street fuel pump test

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I checked it out and they a saying Denso pump.
But I've been looking over messages and I know someone said something about it, but I cant find it. Is there a way to test fuel pump ecu? I dont really care for the toggle switch to turn it on and off . Or is there something I'm missing as far as a power source? I bypassed TDS and went straight to start relay and grounded the wire there. As far as I can tell that doesnt affect anything . Oh on a positive note , she started up after a little persuasion. Ran like crap but it's sat for about 10yrs . So just hearing her run really amped me to keep going.

·
handy with the steel
377 Posts
Denso is the manufacturer of the oem pump. Good job getting her started

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks, I'm still tinkering with the fuel pump ECU. I would live for pump to work as it should with key, cause until car starts the relay wont engage and knowing my luck I'll forget to turn it off and burn up the pump or kill battery. But if the pump comes on when I jump the the FP and B in obd connection doesnt that mean ECU is good? Cause it will work with out toggle if I jump those . Have you heard of anyone loosing power from key switch ?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts