Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i'm going out on a limb posting on here. i wasn't exactly sure where i could post it.

Anyways, my car won't unlock using the key holes on the door. the trunk still unlocks, thank god cus i had to climb through it. but the poor lock switches don't seem to have an power going to them since the car doesn't unlock. but when the stock alarm went off, after reconnecting the battery it would lock both doors. any idea on what this could be?

TIA,
Kevin

·
Registered
624 Posts
Did you try a different key, just make sure the key isn't damaged or worn out before looking into all the electrical stuff.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
sxcsupra said:

thank god cus i had to climb through it.
LOL :lol: Sorry, I had to laugh... but sorry bro, hope your lock can get fix ;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol it must of been funny looking, with me climbing through the back all dressed up after going out. good thing no security drove by or else they would haven given me shit about breaking into my own car. yes i tried other keys, both regular ones and the spare one. but i don't think the key is the problem since it opens the hatch.

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Hehe... man, that must be suck.. hmmm try to take your car to dealership or somewhere

But if you get an aftermarket alarm then there would be no worry about your door lock.. I havent put my key into my door lock for long time since I've installed my aftermartet alarm...

Good Luck

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i would but, i need the funds to repaire the things on the car that are going array. plus what if the alarm quits for some reason, then im just assed out. so ill have this fixed at the dealer when i can get it to run, fucking battery.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
check the fuse's first then try to turn on the car with the key. My power door lock did that once I had to replace a few fuses then it worked fine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeahi checked the fuses, by the way which one was the one that burnt out on you? but turnning on the car would be kind of hard for me right now since the it wont start. jebus, why did this crap have to happen i still need to fix my exhaust so i can smog the son of a biatch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts