Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Zoom-Zoom
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are there any aftermarket engine management/piggy back/ECU add ons that are CARB legal? It could be a standalone, a piggy back, or anything along those lines. I want something that has some decent functionality (like the MAP Sensor) and still be CARB legal. I'm trying to plan an upgrade path and I know that I can't get the 500-600rwhp reliably without changing some part of the engine management, whether it be fuel or air or something. Anyone have any knowledge of this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris.

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
No, anything that is adjustable is not ARB legal. The electronics have to be non-adjustable by consumer and have to be included with a kit that was ARB approved.
Mike

edit: your best best is to use a fields harness for easy removal when its time.

kazesupra said:
Are there any aftermarket engine management/piggy back/ECU add ons that are CARB legal? It could be a standalone, a piggy back, or anything along those lines. I want something that has some decent functionality (like the MAP Sensor) and still be CARB legal. I'm trying to plan an upgrade path and I know that I can't get the 500-600rwhp reliably without changing some part of the engine management, whether it be fuel or air or something. Anyone have any knowledge of this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris.

·
Zoom-Zoom
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That sucks...guess I'll go MAP Sensor :D Thanks for the info.

*Edit* What really sucks is that there are programs that plug into some truck systems and they increase horsepower/torque dramatically, and I've seen a couple that are CARB legal, yet we don't have anything for us? *sigh*

·
Supra Poobah
1,391 Posts
Emission regulations are much, much more leaneant for truck class and almost non existant for 6500+lbs, but not for long the belt will be sinched alittle more every year.

kazesupra said:
That sucks...guess I'll go MAP Sensor :D Thanks for the info.

*Edit* What really sucks is that there are programs that plug into some truck systems and they increase horsepower/torque dramatically, and I've seen a couple that are CARB legal, yet we don't have anything for us? *sigh*

1 - 4 of 4 Posts