Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new to this community and also fairly new to engine building. Im 19 years old and learning new stuff about 2JZ's and automotive performance in general every single day. Recently I managed to find a Lexus SC300 with a 2JZ-GE at a junkyard in decent condition. I understand that there is a Lexus forum but thought that there might also be an expert on this forum somewhere that could help me out. Anyways, due to the good conditions of that day I was able to pull out the 2J that same day and later that week completely disassemble it. Currently I'm cleaning the pistons and noticed that the upper part of the connecting rod, as well as the inside of the piston skirt, has a pretty good amount of carbon build up but only on one side. On the other side it is completely clean. Like so clean that on the inside of the piston skirt on the clean side it is still grey, as if that area was never touched. It's super weird and I have no idea what could cause this. My understanding is that this community is really heavy on the "due diligence" aspect of researching information but I honestly don't even know how to research this issue. I'm currently trying to figure it out but if anyone could at least point me to the right person/direction I would greatly appreciate it thanks guys

1 - 2 of 2 Posts