Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,
the other day my car was acting funny..i.e shitty idling ..running rich..ect ect..so the other day after i took a drive i wanted to look under the hood to see if i had any vac problems and whne i shut the car off and opened the hood that black canister (i think its the carbon canister) the one enar the passenger firewall was makin a buzzing/gargling type of noise..i tried to pull off the vac lines to it but i could only get 1 off and the noise didnt go away...
whats the deal here..ive never heard this thing make noise until now and my car has been running shitty lately..

Thanx
Anthony

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crossways said:
That noise is normal from the charcoal cannister.

thanx
i guess i just never really noticed it until that day since my car started to run like shit i was checking every possible thing that could be casueing my car to run badly..

thanx
Anthony

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
All Supras have a shitty idle and run rich (JUST KIDDING!). The do run rich though. Most fail on T-HC in the lanes. Evap canisters do not last forever. I did some research work awhile back on Supras (and other Toyotas) and found an inordinate number of canisters were "water-logged" and the charcoal had turned to paste.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts