Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 127 Posts
G

·
BLKMGK said:
That's nice. Never seen this in person have you?

I happen to like C/F and if I were driving a black car the targa, hatch, and hood would've been done a long time ago. Different strokes for different folks - the folks in this thread LIKE C/F.
yea i havnt seen it in person on the inside of the cars but i love it on the outside (i have seen it on the outside).

·
Administrator
9,189 Posts
Some people are quick to knock knock offs...but little do you know the competitor is selling that $455 knock off for $900 under another name or label when its truely the same product...don't think this theory doesn't exist here on our supraforums ;)

Matt C

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
So are you saying that's what's going on and if so how about supporting that with some proof? If I got a close up look at it I'd know for sure - not hard to tell if you already have a set...

·
Registered
577 Posts
I emailed them regarding these, and they said they could not guarantee perfect weave (stated that all carbon fiber will have some weave issues). Any carbon fiber heads know if their is any truth to this?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Depends on what they mean by issues. My weave is straight but in corners and whatnot it can pinch if the fabricator isn't careful. It must be stretched taught to be straight - mine was. The only thing on mine was that at the top back edge there was a slight sag that wasn't quite flush with the interior trim. Only noticable if you look for problems, no one but me has noticed it <shrug>. That and the gel coat on the back would be dead giveaways if these two companies are selling the same parts....

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,229 Posts
not bad looking i have seen a set before but they were made a lil diffrent style wise.

·
Space for sale
983 Posts
a local guy has em, and let me tell you, it's freakin sweet

·
disfrutando de la vida
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
red 97 said:
I just placed my order :) . I'll pst some pictures when i get it .

- MB
Let us know how they fit. as long as they have a good fitment I can deal with the wave not being perfectly straigh. They look good in the pics and for that price they are a bargain. I will be placing an order next week, even though I won't be able to see them in person for another few month when I get back to the Sates.

I miss not been able to drive my car, it's been almost a year..:mad:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
VENEMOUS TT said:
thats a good way to add some weight !!!!
What in the world are you talking about?! You base this on what exactly? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
What are the weight savings compared to a stock door panel? Honestly, I like CF and all but that looks a bit tacky..

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
What are the weight savings compared to a stock door panel? Honestly, I like CF and all but that looks a bit tacky..
I don't find it tacky personally, I like it. Have you ever weighed the OEM doorpanels? They're pretty flyweight. you won't be saving much if any weight but you will NOT be gaining any weight either. These doorpanels, or at least the ones on my car, are quite light.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
More power to those that have these or will buy them.:) I personally like CF accents. I don't like too much of it in one spot.:)

BLKMGK said:
I don't find it tacky personally, I like it. Have you ever weighed the OEM doorpanels? They're pretty flyweight. you won't be saving much if any weight but you will NOT be gaining any weight either. These doorpanels, or at least the ones on my car, are quite light.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
If done right, CF will make a car stand out. Imagine a full CF interior :D

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
i want a set but from the carbonfiber FX guys..

Also if those of you have ever ripped a door pannel it cost $950 from toyota to get a new one. Might as well do both doors in carbo and be kinda ricey the way i see it.

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
KERR said:

Also if those of you have ever ripped a door pannel it cost $950 from toyota to get a new one. Might as well do both doors in carbo and be kinda ricey the way i see it.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
KERR said:

Yup, pin in my sidebar poked a hole in mine - DOH! So, C/F was a no brainer. I'd certainly like a spare backup set of regular ones and have kept mine but the c/F has been nice. Doesn't get dirty like the OEM ones did from hanging my arm on the sill either <shrug> To each his own - I did a C/F dash setup and console cover too. I do NOT think a full c/F interior would look good though.

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
BLKMGK said:
Yup, pin in my sidebar poked a hole in mine - DOH! So, C/F was a no brainer. I'd certainly like a spare backup set of regular ones and have kept mine but the c/F has been nice. Doesn't get dirty like the OEM ones did from hanging my arm on the sill either <shrug> To each his own - I did a C/F dash setup and console cover too. I do NOT think a full c/F interior would look good though.
Its all about contrast. That goes for everything.

·
Previously Premier Panda
1,750 Posts
I have a set of CFX ones, and to tell you the truth I think those are CFX ones in the pictures. With as much labor for the price that Duane at CFX puts into them I am almost sure that the other ones are crap and just stole the pictures.

·
disfrutando de la vida
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I personaly like the carbon fiber look, and if I could (afford it) I would have the whole interior on carbon fiber. But, at this time I'm interested in finding out if this specific door panels will fit ok.

Suprastunna, do you happen to know how much are the ones made by Modelista?

I know Duane has probably the best quality out there, and that you get what you pay for (not always true). Anyways does anybody knows how this ones fit?

luis

21 - 40 of 127 Posts