Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Toyota Supra Turbo 6spd
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there were some claims and plans of possibly having a custom carbon fiber intake manifold for the supra.

what are the feedback of the community on that? i've heard some saying it wouldn't work because the carbon fiber would not hold from "high boosts?"

what would the pros and cons be of this intake manifold and would it be possible at all to create and make it work?

i know there are some CF intake manifolds made for integras and hondas..?

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
There is one made already, I've held it in my hands.... it's beautiful. I don't know if it is going to be mass produced though because at the time there wasn't the demand needed for it.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow really.. any pics of it? was it made of full carbon fiber? i'm not sure what all the pros and cons would be?

pros: lighter, better heat insulation, cooler looking :)

cons: not as durable, if damaged can possible suck in shreds of cf

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
it wouldent be too hard to make one..

·
Registered
703 Posts
sleeknsilver said:
wow really.. any pics of it? was it made of full carbon fiber? i'm not sure what all the pros and cons would be?

pros: lighter, better heat insulation, cooler looking :)

cons: not as durable, if damaged can possible suck in shreds of cf

Well actually it can be made durable. It would need at very minimum 10 layers of carbon fiber and it would have to be dry carbon, no wet lay crap. And if made properly it would be very lightweight and pretty durable. If it wasn't strong enough it would crack, not really shred up.

·
Registered
250 Posts
In the TX2K5 pic threads there was a picture of the intake on a black supra. You can search and find it there. It was :drool: to look at in the pics so I can just imagine what it would be like to hold it in your hands.

Okay just found it and here it is:

Hope RSA doesn't mind me direct linking. If so just ask me to take it down and I will. :bigthumb:

·
Supralicious
872 Posts
:eek2: OMG!! That looks so badass!!! It would be nice if there was a possibility that it can be massed produced. I would really be interested in this but I'd need to know the price first.

Either way it looks really good. That is one piece I would defenitely get if I had the money.

·
Administrator
4,972 Posts
UGTFUKD said:
In the TX2K5 pic threads there was a picture of the intake on a black supra. You can search and find it there. It was :drool: to look at in the pics so I can just imagine what it would be like to hold it in your hands.

Okay just found it and here it is:

Hope RSA doesn't mind me direct linking. If so just ask me to take it down and I will. :bigthumb:
:lol: No problem, I thought that was my pic... That is on Tommy Bahn's car. He is testing it.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UGTFKD- thanks a lot for posting and find the picture of that! that piece looks VERY NICE! i wonder if the entire body and runners are made of carbon fiber or if it's just covered with carbon fiber exterior.

that's good to know it can be made dureable.. with people using bigger and bigger turbos and pushing more boost, dureability will definetly be an issue!

does tommy bahn post on supraforums? it would be great if he posted back some results/feedback on here! :)

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
I doubt anyone would spend the money on a manifold similar to stock specifications, but is anyone interested in a CF stock-sized plenum?

·
2jz powered
1,648 Posts
looks hot...wonder how much $$ its gonna run.

·
Registered
831 Posts
[email protected]! So they did build it. Talked to those guys before I started the build-up last year, they told me there was a prototype they might sell, didn't hear anymore from em. So I went with Veilside. Never saw a pic of it till now though. I wonder if the lack of tapered runners is offset by the thermal benefit?

Sexy sucker, aint it? :)

·
BIK KLR
874 Posts
The whole thing is made from CF, runners, velosity stacks. The only parts non carbon fiber are the mounting plates for the TB and the runner mounting plate with injector bungs. it is very light, and very large.

Kareem

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
WOW! :eek2: /me wants!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts