1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
91TT comin up, 01 s2k
2,664 Posts
yeah I saw that on ebay like last week. Havn't seen it before someone must thought that there might be a market for it. In my opinion, personally it looks ugly as hell on our cars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
niceeeee

·
still dreamin.....
1,159 Posts
Waste of cash for the most.....the weight is all in the glass but glad to see people making parts like this for our cars

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Try some lexan, ditch the rear wiper and this, should be a pretty good weight saving combo. Wish they have more pics of it though.

Edit: Noticed the other pics on the last link.

-Alex

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Try some lexan, ditch the rear wiper and this, should be a pretty good weight saving combo. Wish they have more pics of it though.

Edit: Noticed the other pics on the last link.

-Alex

I remember seeing something on Trucks (powerblocktv) and they did a project where they replaced a windshield on a rock crawler with lexan that had a special coating that would allow you to run your wiper blades without them scratching the lexan. i know without that it'll get all scratched up if you still run the wiper motor.

·
Dont question the good Dr
473 Posts
thats pretty cool. anything to save weight on our heavy ass hatches is worthwhile IMO. Especially considering all the creaking, groaning, squealing that comes with having such a heavy hatch. It would make the hatch struts last longer too!

·
VVT-i FTW
628 Posts
The most useful ones I've seen on eBay is the carbon fiber targa top. Not that our targa is super heavy, but every little pound of weight saved is uesful, especially top end weight.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts