Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SFOT 4 Pit Bulls
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing honda-tech's forced induction section and came across a thread of the famous cheese frog and he had a full carbon fibre intake manifold. This kind of baffled me for some reason. Im not intelligent in the least about CF, but is there any downside to this? What would be the benefits of this besides the few pounds it saves and the looks. Thanks for the info... and here is the link to the article.. http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=590389. Posted this in MKIV section wondering why it would or wouldnt work on an MKIV :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
funny you should ask

there is no reason it wouldn't work, there are numerous benifits, and it is uniquely well suited for the MKIV.

Thats why I developed one. You will see the debut at the www.to4r.com intake manifold shootout in late jan/early feb.

You can PM me if you have any more questions.

Dylan

B

·
0 Posts
Another benefit to using carbon fiber, is it's ability to shed heat.

The carbon manifold that is posted above, had -20 lower ait's than the JG Turbo mani. Which has been praised as the "best manifold on the market".

It also made between 20-40whp more.

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
is this carbon manifold similar to the stock manifold? or more like a veilside? also, what is the weight diffrence?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts