Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to let all of you DFW guys know that Joe ( carchitect ) is the man when it comes to doing anything dealing with wheels, tires, suspension, etc.

I had him do my alignment a few days ago. Needless to say, my alignment was for lack of a better word... FUCKED!!! The car drives, performs and handles perfectly. Hes also mounted and balanced 3 out of the 4 tires on my car. PERFECT JOB first time around, unlike fuckin discount tire or NTB who took them 4 or 5 times to get it somewhat close.

People who know me, know that i am EXTREMELY ANAL about who touches or works on my car. I would let joe work on my car any time. Ill more than likely be calling on his help later on this year when i start tearing things apart :).

If you guys in the DFW area need something done to your supra or whatever vehicle you may drive, than give this guy a call! Hes a super nice guy and a great guy to deal with. KNOWS HIS SHIT TOO!!! He gets it right the first time EVERY TIME.

If anyone needs his number than can PM either me or him and hell be happy to help you with whatever you need.

Thanks Joe

CATCH YOU GUYS LATER

Ian

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Hey Joe can you do the alignment on my Z06? It has about 1 inch of ground clearance or so.

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He wont be able to get it onto the lift to do the alignment kyle.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Joe comes across as someone who really knows his stuff. I wouldn't hesitate a minute to trust him.

·
Registered
168 Posts
yeah joe is a really nice guy. he is doing my 95 supra na now. he did the conversion from na to tt plus 6spd swap. now he is building up my internals plus some electronic works

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hes told me about his project. The guy knows his shit thats for sure.

·
EFI Certified Tuner
1,877 Posts
TT4U2NV said:
Hes told me about his project. The guy knows his shit thats for sure.
I talked to "joe" (aka Carchitect) on the phone for a good 2 hours once. He REALLY knows his shit and gave me a complete education on the getrag swap and his pricing is MUCH more reasonable then competitors last time I talked to him. I'm sure I'll be sending some business his way in the near future :).

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
he really knows his stuff .. did an alignment on my friends car and made sure he got it on the lift taking extra care .. as if it was his own .. and got it handling right the first time :)

will be calling him when I get my car back

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya when he did my car he had to take off my front lip. Got the car back and it was back on perfectly as if it had never been off.

Would reccomend his work to anyone.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
Ian, Hok, and Erik thanks a bunch for mentioning me. I really appreciate it. I'm pleased hear good stuff about me and will continue to provide excellent service in the future to everyone. Thanks again guys.

Hok you're motor will be installed in the supra this weekend. The pistons and rods have been together for a week now but will be going in this evening. The fuel system fittings are on order and should be here next week. The car will be comming together beautifully. Even though your engine will be running stock US twins with fuel and standalone upgrades I predict we should be making more power than anyone else with BPU+++. Working the bugs out with the greddy e-manage will be the next obsticle but with the help of Greddy's main engineer helping me out I should be able to get it figured out. I suppose you will be the first to call their ride BPU-MAX.

Kyle, I'll need to see the car in person to see if it will clear. We normally have a hard time with the Z06 as it is but I'm going to make custom ramps to make it happen if needed. It may take a while but I'll keep you informed.

-Joe

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
dejacky said:
I talked to "joe" (aka Carchitect) on the phone for a good 2 hours once. He REALLY knows his shit and gave me a complete education on the getrag swap and his pricing is MUCH more reasonable then competitors last time I talked to him. I'm sure I'll be sending some business his way in the near future :).
Thanks for mentioning me bud. I really appreciate it. BTW, the price I quoted you will remain the same even in the future. I base my labor of the difficulty of the job and not on the type of vehicle.

-Joe

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joe man,

I may be buying an sc300 soon. I have a feeling that its gonna wind up with a GTE in it at some point. I figure that if it happens ill be calling on your assitance and ill show everyone what you can do. Lets just say my SC will be your calling card HAHA.

Just an idea at this point. I want one as a daily for now but i have a feeling im gonna get carried away with it.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
Ian, I too was contemplating purchasing an SC300 and doing a swap into. After the Supra gets a built engine I'll have a complete TT auto swap available. I'm not sure if I'll keep it though.

My goal is to have another supra for the Road course. I'm looking for a 98 RSP NA 5sp hardtop. I'm predicting that this would be very hard to find.

-Joe

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya dude your more than likely not going to be able to find 2 of the 3 rarest attributes to the supra.

·
The need for speed
1,653 Posts
I agree Joe is the man. I was going to bring my supra to him for an alignment if he had time during TX2K6, but I lost my ride towing the supra down there so I didn't make it... Damn, I'm almost considering making the drive just so he can do an alignment!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Ditto here... Joe's building my race motor. He's probably the only guy in the MetroPlex (or anywhere else for that matter) that knows how to prep the block, set ring gaps and bearing clearances based on your application (i.e. all turbo or turbo + nitrous).

Now... I only ask that no one else send him business at least until my block and tranny are done. :) (JK...)

-scott

·
Arlington's Highway King
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree that joe is good. But hes not the ONLY one who knows how to prep the motors. Theres just a lack of really good supra tuners in this area now. Jason at JPI is good and so is Ross at Dynosaur performance.

Joe is a good friend but i have to give credit to the others that have worked on my car.

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
Thanks Mike I'll be giving you a call shortly to talk to you about the info you'll need for the alignment

Thanks Scott for the complement. You're short block should be done soon. The getrag will be next.

I agree with Ian, I would trust Ben (Obiwan) , SP engineering, and Ross @ Dynosaur performance as well. They seem to know what they are doing based on the correct answers to my questions. I'm sure Jason @ JPI is in the same realm since his training history is from the same manufacturer as me. I can't say the same about everyone else who claims that they can build a 2JZ, not having seen their work.

-Joe

1 - 20 of 22 Posts