Supra Forums banner

221 - 225 of 225 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,873 Posts
ATF Stage 4 is a hardcore setup - mechanical diode, etc. So you're upgrading from a Stage 3 to Stage 4, correct? The reason I am asking is the Stage 4 didn't exist two yrs ago, at least on their website it didn't.

When I last talked to him, he said they were developing a standalone trans controller for the A340E. Sounds pretty cool.

I would love to have a full manual automatic, but I don't see it happening with this trans. Part throttle manual shifts are very harsh with this trans with the high line pressures they use. 1-2 is brutal, and 3-4 also. 2-3 is just right. My old school built auto was the same way though.

Al

ProEFI and I believe MoTeC can control line pressure, I’m not sure about AEM.

Correct, I wanted to get up on the latest stuff.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
How did you like the Stage 3? Did it hold up well for you?

ATF uses high line pressure, but maybe that can be toned back on light throttle with a standalone? I'm on the stock ECU.

Al

·
Super Moderator
3,873 Posts
How did you like the Stage 3? Did it hold up well for you?

ATF uses high line pressure, but maybe that can be toned back on light throttle with a standalone? I'm on the stock ECU.

Al
Stage 3 first time lasted 2 years but it was my fault for doing 9 back to back pulls without letting it cool down.

2nd trans on year 3 would’ve lasted longer till I got into an accident over summer (pissed out all the trans fluid from the cooler). So opted for stage 4 and Jason at ATF recommended me to stall down to 3600. My IP4000 stall ended up being 3800 according to Jason.

I am done after this.... hopefully.

The stall with a 76mm wouldn’t be ideal for drag racing so I will end up using nitrous to spool up. 75 shot.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Stage 3 first time lasted 2 years but it was my fault for doing 9 back to back pulls without letting it cool down.

2nd trans on year 3 would’ve lasted longer till I got into an accident over summer (pissed out all the trans fluid from the cooler). So opted for stage 4 and Jason at ATF recommended me to stall down to 3600. My IP4000 stall ended up being 3800 according to Jason.

I am done after this.... hopefully.

The stall with a 76mm wouldn’t be ideal for drag racing so I will end up using nitrous to spool up. 75 shot.
How was the 76mm with the IP stall?

221 - 225 of 225 Posts