Supra Forums banner

141 - 160 of 193 Posts

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
So I've upgraded to Titan Stage 2 auto on 3.5k Stall on AEMv2 with a nice cooler. It been good step up to stay the least.
Good luck, my Titan S2 didn't last very long with twin big coolers, same stall, around 800hp which is what they rate it for

·
Why an Auto??
361 Posts
Got a pretty important question
I was talking with a rep from ATF about the ATF built A340E, and I asked him what fluid do they recommend for their built Toyota auto, and he suggested Valvoline Dexron 3 (non synthetic). But after going back and rereading this thread I noticed this post, and wondered if this was true or not. Also wondered if it would pertain to an auto that's been drastically modified such as the ATF trans.

So the question is which fluid should be ran, anybody with ATF auto please chime in

PS: mods why isn't this thread a sticky by now, tons of great auto info!!

If an ATF rep told you to run that specific fluid then personally I would run what they say should be run in their transmission. Once my BL bites the dust I will be going with them personally myself.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good luck, my Titan S2 didn't last very long with twin big coolers, same stall, around 800hp which is what they rate it for
Hmmm how many miles did you put on it? I got about 6k on my set-up. But I will say, recently it keeps dropping out of gear after 15-20 mins

·
Super Moderator
9,913 Posts

·
4,926 Posts
Wreckless certainly doesn't need anyone to back him up, but I'd like to stress for everyone that will read this thread: doing a few burnouts on a stock motor/transmission and getting away with not rolling the second gear sprag does NOT mean you should. It is a known weak point, documented by Supra owners and transmission builders all across the country. There is NO POINT in doing a burnout and having it shift into second gear. Doesn't matter if it looks or sounds cool, just stick to first.

BUZ, your last post bumped a 6 year thread to quote some information you found on wikipedia. You're 0 for 2 now...come on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

Is someone able to post screenshots or cal files for the Auto Box settings (30-6100 V2) with all the bugs ironed out ?

Any assistance would be great.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
How About stock Transmission running on Proefi 128?
I would like to know as well. I've been running a Stock Aristo A340e (shimmed accumulators, modified valve body, Precision 3200 stall) at 600whp+/600Tq For a few thousand miles and A few passes without any issues..So far at least. I am waiting for the trans to Fail, but its still hanging in there. I am currently running Valvoline Dex3 non synthetic.

·
Boost Junkie
12,359 Posts
My stock trans lived for a long time at 535whp back in the day. I also ran 2 coolers and kept an eye on temps.

Steve

·
Registered
429 Posts
My BL trans has lasted years on the street ... running 2 coolers and Toyota fluid with over 600 hp. People typically tear them up at the track with a pair of slicks with improper burn outs. The 6 speed Supra's talk about the indestructible Getrag but what you don't hear are those $3K clutches that crap out frequently.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I currently purchased a ProEFI 128 an am running a BL built tranny with titian 3500
stall. I ran V1 on it before didn't much like the way it drove with it. I'm curious on how well the ProEFI tunes the tranny. An if I'm going to need a 500 psi sensor to monitor line pressure? Who is running ProEFI with built tranny? What all do you run with it (sensors, coolers ect. .) An what are your Whp ratings.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Where is the light that shows gear selection on the stock auto transmission (bet this question threw you off from previous posts :p) ... anyone? ;-) I can't find it, mine doesn't work, and I need to put in a replacement :p

·
Registered
429 Posts
Supposed to be on the tach.

·
Registered
179 Posts
There is on there too that luckily works -- but when it's pitch dark out, you can't even see the shift handle ... I know there is a light there, just gotta find it and put in a LED.

Supposed to be on the tach.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I dont know exactly at what power level i am right now.(JDM 58mm [email protected]).(maybe 400whp)Transmission has around 140 k miles and ~60k were done by me. I removed trac throttle and trac ecu,check tps every 1-2 years and have been manually shifting it for around 5+ years.its a stock a340e with stock radiator cooler,stock converter.I plan on upgrading to an extra cooler on the passenger side.This is my daily car and it has seen lots of pulls.(45 celcius in summer here).At least every day.I dont know for how long it will last but upto now the oil during change(+trans filter) is not bad(every 15-20 k miles and i sent oil sample for analysis to know what is going on in there)

·
"Granite"
3,113 Posts
Guys I have an atf auto, and it's running on a proefi 128 at around 830whp, this particular Trans has been in there almost 2 years, with a ton of street hits and a couple track runs on it, still solid. The proefi is a pretty damn good way to run it IMO, the amount of control for the shift settings, lock up settings, ect. Is a huge help with keeping the Trans lasting and lasting

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've run the ProEFI with my BL auto on the street for 3 years with a 4000 stall. Prior to that I ran the old school Gforce ECU for 5 years with the BL. Just purchased the ATF tranny and the FTI 4000 stall converter from Induction Performance. Putting BL up for sale ... still running strong when removed. Was not a daily driver.

141 - 160 of 193 Posts
About this Discussion
192 Replies
65 Participants
MSandhu
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing