Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Broke Supra Addicted Fool
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres some pics of what happened after my wastegate hose melted through.

Its hard to see cause the pictures aint the best but the whole exhaust side of the #5 piston melted away and partialy deposited itself on the cylinder wall (the gray blur on the cylinder wall).

Does anybody know where I can get a set of pistons & rings to rebuild without waiting 10 weeks?

·
Registered
109 Posts
When things like this happen I think it is best if you get a good used short block to rebuild. There could be other things that are damage in your block that you can not see with your eyes.

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
^ yeah I would find another short block, I know your current one was built but you may half to cut your loss and get your car back on the road if your in a hurry...

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Hmm, whats this Wastegate line look like, and where is it?
Wanna make sure mine aint to close to the turbos or somethin.........

Stupid question, I know..

·
Banned
341 Posts
It's the vacuum line that goes from the wastegate actuator to the compressor housing.

You can see the vacuum lines in this picture.

You shouldn’t have to worry about them melting if you are on stock twins though.

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
Awsome, thanks. Ya, stock twins.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
i need to rerun my wg line... ist running right near my dp.. every once in a while its resting on it.. im lazy though.. maybe i wont be so lazy... well i got boost cut at 18 psi.. so maybe i will.. lol

·
Now with 0JZ
1,185 Posts
heh, I had a WG line ment through once. It was that shitty clear tubing you get at any auto parts store. Couldn't figure out why I kept hitting boost cut :p

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately my car has an fcon v which gets rid of boost cut...

·
Registered
554 Posts
well just to answer the original question: any 2jzgte pitons and ring will fit, so you wont need to wait 10 weeks for those.

·
Registered
923 Posts
glad my haltech has a overboost cut I can setup :)

Looks painful, luckily 1jz shortblocks are cheap and seem fairly plentiful.

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah found out about the 2jz pistons recently but a local place had a good jdm import 1jz longblock that I scooped up and am tearing down and bolting my shiz onto, should be up again in a few days and ill snap some new pics of the car... added a bit of my own taste to it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts