Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my carpet is all wet on the drivers side,

could this be due to my heater hose? it seems to be mostly water.

ideas? fixes?

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
if it was from the heater core i would think the leak would be on the passenger side no?

has it rained recently in your area?

·
Girlfriend #1 is a Rider
195 Posts
hmm driver side? can't be the heater core or else it be leaking from the passenger side. 93MSB is right about that... strip that area out to see where its really coming from----is your car targa top if so could be the seals on that.....

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if it was from the heater core i would think the leak would be on the passenger side no?

has it rained recently in your area?
yes it has rained recently, just have no idea what it could be from.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If it's your heater core, you will smell radiator fluid (if you have it mixed in your raditor). I just had to replace the heater core on my Chevy Blazer and it made quite a mess on the passenger side. Green carpet! But, it also leaked on the driver side too. If you don't smell the radiator fluid smell, it's probably not the heater core. Like others have said, it may be your targa top leaking. Mine started to leak when it rained Friday afternoon. I hate water leaks! What a pain!

Take your targa top off and check to see if there are any water stains anywhere. Or it could be the caulking on your windshield. It you changed it recently, that might be something to check. If they didn't put all new sealant when they insalled the windshield it will leak. I had that happen three times on one of my previous cars. I finally had them put new sealant in and it fixed the problem.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's your heater core, you will smell radiator fluid (if you have it mixed in your raditor). I just had to replace the heater core on my Chevy Blazer and it made quite a mess on the passenger side. Green carpet! But, it also leaked on the driver side too. If you don't smell the radiator fluid smell, it's probably not the heater core. Like others have said, it may be your targa top leaking. Mine started to leak when it rained Friday afternoon. I hate water leaks! What a pain!

Take your targa top off and check to see if there are any water stains anywhere. Or it could be the caulking on your windshield. It you changed it recently, that might be something to check. If they didn't put all new sealant when they insalled the windshield it will leak. I had that happen three times on one of my previous cars. I finally had them put new sealant in and it fixed the problem.
it doesn't smell like coolant but i have very very little coolant mixed in, mostly distilled water and water wetter.

i dont think my targa could be leaking because the only time it sees the rain is when i drive it. and on top of that it only saw rain for one day and i've never had a problem with water leaking in from the targa even when washing the car.

the only thing is , they recently pulled the seal for the window to repaint the car, but they installed a new rubber one. The window itself hasn't come off recently.

also fyi , only the driver side carpet is wet, and it's only where it levels out that it feels wet,

im wondering if theres any other way for water to get into the car ? possibly grommets loose?

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Targa seal bro..
if it was the targa top would it get the seats and dash wet?

i also only drove it in the rain , it never sat in the rain, also my floormats are dry as a whistle , only the bottom carpet driver side is wet

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
So only the carpet under the floor mats is wet? I think it's your heater core, especially if you only run water (no radiator fluid smell). When I looked at a heater core when they fixed my blazer, they told me it could leak from either side of the core, so depending on where it is mounted behind your dash, that could be it. Take it to a good radiator place. You're in Irvine, right? I have a place in Signal Hill (Tempco Radiators) who has done my work for years on all my cars (except the Supra which hasn't needed anything). They will tell you what it is and give you a good price to fix it. It's not the nicest looking place, but then it's a radiator/air conditioning place. They've been there for 20 or 30 years and do all the repair work for the dealerships around here.

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
spray water on ur windshield..

We had a customer who just got her windshield replaced by a auto glass place and they didnt sell it correctly. Water got stuck between the COWL (right above the firewall) and her windshield.

I suggest you get some towels underneath the dash...Wet that COWL area down to see if its coming from there since ur car was recently repainted. It more likely be the culprit.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I don't know if anyone in this thread has mentioned it but Curtis you should check to see if any of those rubber caps had some what come off. They are located in random areas on the floor pan underneath the carpet. Just a thought.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Curtis u just had ur car repainted. if they pulled off mouldings and such for the paint then most likely ur problem lies somewhere along those seals.

if u get the chance have someone take a hose to ur car on the roof while u sit inside and watch for where it leaks.

otherwise if it is wet on the floor and NO where else inside, then i would question that heater core. usually it will leak just on the passenger side. check and see if ur slowly leaking coolant. when the car is hot feel around the floor for wet spots. if on the drivers side it will trickle down from above the gas pedal.

everytime a car is painted though there are ALWAYS numerous problems owners find afterward. situations like this or bad grounds cause ther paint wasnt scratched away afterwards.

·
BLACKOUT
1,864 Posts
it could be the a/c drain off lines or the rain drain off lines , sometimes located in the body ....a body shop might be able to tell you where to look

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had my windshield replaced on my evo and started getting water all over my drivers floor mat. I turned out to be a bad seal on the replaced window.

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
Its between the targa and windshield seal.
Water can drop from that spot only onto the driver side carpet

·
Registered
216 Posts
I PUT MY MONEY ON THE WINDSHIELD wiper hose that runs to the back window. because its the only thing runs under the driveside carpet with water, its probably leaking.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts