Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Not much, it's pretty straight forward. Getting the footrest out for the first time is usually a PITA. Carpet also may stick a little to the floorboard so be careful to not rip off all the underside padding. Pull the center console, the shifter surround, and the trim near the door openings and you should be good.

Alex

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
timely post I will be starting this next week...

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
Everything else should be pretty self explanatory. Like remembering to unbolt the seat belt anchors to remove the carpet.

Note: I don' t think you have to remove the center console, but I much prefer it as it takes about 2 minutes, and makes it a little easier getting all that carpet out of the car.

Alex

·
Registered
307 Posts
When removing the driver seat, remember to unplg the electrical harness of the power seat. You dont want to pull the harness too much.

·
Registered
307 Posts
take your time, it is pretty easy but you dont want to mess the seat's leather, or make an extra effort and all of a sudden put the oily seat base over the rear or side seats... I mean, it is easy but think before acting and assess the situation. during the reinstallation of the seats, be careful not busting the threads of the seat supports (this could actually happen during reinstallation). If this happens you are going to have to use taps and dyes to restore the threads.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Carpet re-dye didn't work well for me either. Keeps rubbing off and smelling like paint in the car.

Pulling out the carpet takes a little more than 15 minutes but its not too too hard. I'd recommend taking out the center console. The dead pedal can be a little tricky depending on the car.

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
Can anyone share how to remove the rear seat? Havent looked yet but while we are on the topic of interior removal...

·
MrChewsAsianBeaver
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
202 Posts
The bottom rear is really easy just pull up on the bottom and it pops out. The top back part is a little trickier with the bolts. Just make sure to find all of them.

I found when I put them back in I had a really hard time getting the bolts to go back in though. You gotta make sure they're perfectly aligned.

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
Thanks guys mk4playy make sure you post of some pics of your setup once your done.

·
Annoyed SF Member
922 Posts
Had the whole interior out in a few hours...I mean everything except the dash...all interiors panels, carpets, seats etc...Had the wife in the back removing panels. Now I need to figure out this dam rear seat delete crap...

·
Registered
378 Posts
I tried using that shit in my Camaro. It faded out after like 4 months. What brand of paint did you use?
I used Dupli-Color brand fabric paint. I also used can of clear fabric protectant over the top. It came out Ok lookin and it doesnt smell....I let it dry for about a week out in the sun before putting in back in the car...
But I'll never do this again. Next time I will spend the money for new carpet.

·
Banned
162 Posts
30 mins to remove, u have to remove the seats etc...its is pretty easy though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts