Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I took my car for emissions last week and it blew a 6.89 out of a passing 0.8(I know, I know...she's an overachiever). So, I took it to my mechanic to see if he could find anything wrong with it. Also, let me tell you that I put on my backup 2.5 inch exhaust with a cat when I took her in(revolution exhaust, it will be for sale after I pass this test if anyone is interested). It was running 8 psi with no fuel map adjustments on the SAFC. So, he takes it in and tries to check the timing. Well, when he linked the fuses, the check engine light would come on for like a second then dissapear. It would read 15 deg. then 0. Not too sure whats wrong. Also, I think a coil might be weak, any way to test them successfully? I am ordering new wires and plugs to see if perhaps that helps with emissions...but the timing is still boggling me. She chews through gas and smells like raw fuel. Any ideas?

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry, forgot to include sig so you know mods.

·
Registered
362 Posts
cps could be going bad and mess everything up check your afc to make sure your maf is sending the right reading if its not the car will run stupid rich

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What Volt should the MAF be reading...anyone have the numbers?

·
1jz-gte motivation
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone have the numbers? Also, if it was my CPS, the wouldn't that in turn make it a CPS connection more or less?

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
you can find all the electrical data in the TSRM in the trouble shooting with a voltmeter section. Its pretty easy to use except for the damn TPS section. If your afm seems good I would verify that your 02 sensor is being used. Your car may not be going into closed loop mode, hence you running rich as if in cold start mode.

~scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts