Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, finally got the car into Precision Auto. Justins been working on it. Car went in for a primary turbo switchout, Valve Stem Seals, and a new HG. Decided to have him do a compression test prior to tearin the motor down. Ew ew ew. 170 - 170 - 90 - 160 - 160 - 150. Pulled the head to find that a piece of the valve guide somehow broke off and did a job to the cylinder walls. Ended up with a cracked head as well. So my lil bitch is in for a set of CP Pistons, Rings and Bearings. Full gasket job. As well as switching out all the vacuum lines with Silicone.
My heloc just got approved so I'll have some money to play with. Thinking of tossin in a Fluidyne Radiator. A massive tranny cooler. Maybe some other shit if I can think of anything. Gonna have the head ported and polished if they can salvage it. If not I may go stock with P&P or an after market head if theres anything decent out there.
Any suggestions?

2.5 weeks and counting. :bigthumb:

·
Supra Perfected
225 Posts
Surfnut said:
Well, finally got the car into Precision Auto. Justins been working on it. Car went in for a primary turbo switchout, Valve Stem Seals, and a new HG. Decided to have him do a compression test prior to tearin the motor down. Ew ew ew. 170 - 170 - 90 - 160 - 160 - 150. Pulled the head to find that a piece of the valve guide somehow broke off and did a job to the cylinder walls. Ended up with a cracked head as well. So my lil bitch is in for a set of CP Pistons, Rings and Bearings. Full gasket job. As well as switching out all the vacuum lines with Silicone.
My heloc just got approved so I'll have some money to play with. Thinking of tossin in a Fluidyne Radiator. A massive tranny cooler. Maybe some other shit if I can think of anything. Gonna have the head ported and polished if they can salvage it. If not I may go stock with P&P or an after market head if theres anything decent out there.
Any suggestions?

2.5 weeks and counting. :bigthumb:
That's crazy, good thing you did the check before fixing the turbos. Justin seems like a great guy, I know JBSupra and CrzSupraTT had work done with him and have been happy with their results. I recently installed the fluidyne and seems to be working well. Meaning temps have never gone up, then again its still spring!

If you're building up the bottom end you mine as well get the BIG turbo (T78 +) and run AEM. Do you want extreme power like everyone else does around here?? Or a measly 600 rwhp! hahaha...

Dave

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
600 is as far as I'll ever go before spray. It's a nice # I can live with. I dont want the lag of a T78. Nor the potential for endless death in my hands, I know my limits hehe. AEM I am planning on tho. Possibly an SMG 6 Speed if a nice one comes along at the right price. A true SMG, none of this clutch in first gear bullshit.

·
Supra Perfected
225 Posts
Surfnut said:
600 is as far as I'll ever go before spray. It's a nice # I can live with. I dont want the lag of a T78. Nor the potential for endless death in my hands, I know my limits hehe. AEM I am planning on tho. Possibly an SMG 6 Speed if a nice one comes along at the right price. A true SMG, none of this clutch in first gear bullshit.
So when is this projected to be done? I heard you might be going with stock turbos again?

Dave

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm goin stock till the kit is available. If its available before my cars done and I have the cash I'll put the PHR kit on. Cars gonna be in the shop for a while. Was told they had to make me a set of pistons.....

·
Supra Perfected
225 Posts
Surfnut said:
I'm goin stock till the kit is available. If its available before my cars done and I have the cash I'll put the PHR kit on. Cars gonna be in the shop for a while. Was told they had to make me a set of pistons.....
Makes sense, good luck to you... I drove by the shop and saw your ride outside. Hope to see it on the street soon.

Dave

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Outside...as in STORED outside? I hope not. I'm gonna throw a shitfit if my car isnt behind, at the very least, a locked gate. Still no ETA...tryin to get the head here from FLA atm.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Surfnut said:
Outside...as in STORED outside? I hope not. I'm gonna throw a shitfit if my car isnt behind, at the very least, a locked gate. Still no ETA...tryin to get the head here from FLA atm.
don't worry man, the car is stored inside at night. The other day when I stopped by, it was on the lift ;) but some day it sit outside as he needs to use the space and then he parks it inside. My car was there and it was always in the garage :) I am going to have Justin do my tranny seals and throwout bearing next week

Hope to see it on the road soon. :bigthumb:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Phew. Sorry to spaz but I'm paranoid enough as it is with her not here. Spoke to Justin today, Machine work should be done in the next few days I'm told. Saw my car sittin w/o a motor for the first time. Had a moment of pure stupidity and decided to stand in the engine bay for shits and giggles..heh...why not. Cant wait to get her back. BTW Joe never payed for or picked up the JUN Hood ( I think ) from my buddy's paintshop. If anyone's interested he's selling it off.

·
1996 Supra twin turbo
258 Posts
Carl,

I talked to some of the guys from Precision today @ a car show by Gold's Gym and they told me your car was in the shop under the knife. I'm glad you're finally getting that thing straightened out...haha, and I guess Javier and I will have the only BPU Supras left in Fresno - everyone else will be single turbo etc.

I'm going to check out Precision Auto and see what's up down there next week. By the way...Eugene's Supra is still in there (according to the guys I talked to) what's up with that whole deal?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
SupraRacer007 said:
Carl,

I talked to some of the guys from Precision today @ a car show by Gold's Gym and they told me your car was in the shop under the knife. I'm glad you're finally getting that thing straightened out...haha, and I guess Javier and I will have the only BPU Supras left in Fresno - everyone else will be single turbo etc.

I'm going to check out Precision Auto and see what's up down there next week. By the way...Eugene's Supra is still in there (according to the guys I talked to) what's up with that whole deal?
Don't forget me..things may change by the end of this week though :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well... Car should hopefully be back to me sometime next week. I'm hoping for end of the week but we'll see. I ended up buying a new head to continue the rebuild. I'm gonna stay twin till PHR gets their CARB legal kit out.. Will give me some time to recover financially as well... This rebuild is settin me back about 6k so far. I have an offer from I forget who here in fresno for a single kit. It's tempting... but I'm extremely worried about gettin pulled in Pismo again. If they ask me to pop my hood, I'm screwed. We'll see tho I guess.

·
Supra Perfected
225 Posts
crazysupratt said:
i still have my supra and so does dave :)
Yup, I'm still here with my dawg. Carl, can't wait to see your ride running! Was at the shop last week and Justin installed a new clutch for me. He did a great job, talk to you soon.

Dave

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We're shooting for this Friday. Crossin my fingers and hoping for the best. I'm gonna have to do 180mph for an hour or so to get the horridness of driving this fukin mini SuV out of my system. Nearly 10 months now since she broke down...ugh

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Carl,

Let me know when you get your car back...I need to walk over and check to see about a loose "ground" wire on my newly purchased wingless Auto from RSASupra on Monday. It's the one bolted by the firewall.

Shawn.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Surfnut said:
You got 2 cars now or did ya sell the other one?

No. Sold my 6SPD last Friday...picked RSASupra's black one on Monday. Just did a compression test a few hours ago and they all seem to be 165s (deviant of about 5)..so good sign. It's just me but didn't like green too much and got tired of shifting. I made a good sell on the car so should have plenty left for the single upgrade. I am deciding between the BL Stage 2 (w/ 4" DP) or the PHR 2+ :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts