Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really interested in going single and have my plans set on going with a Precision Billet 6265 1.0AR Waterless DBB with QSV & Precision 39mm WG on a T4 Treadstone Cast Manifold. I want to run stock ecu, safc, and fuel (420rwhp) until I can make the leap and go Fuel System (1000cc injectors, -8AN lines, dual fuel pumps) then eventually ProEFI + E85. I'm looking at making 630-650rwhp all said and done. This setup allows me to build the car in progressive stages and make it enjoyable on the street and @ the track.

My supra is currently BPU + Auto. Looking @ getting a built auto to support the extra rwhp. What stall speed should I look at getting? I just got a 3800rpm TC and I'm thinking it might be too high with how quick this setup spools and builds boost. Would I be better off with a tighter 3200 - 3400rpm stall? Should I keep the 3800rpm and go with a Precision 6765 since it will be building boost later in the rpm band with more potential. Finally will I need to swap out my LSD? I've read traction control will defintely be an issue and that the ProEFI has awesome TC management, but what about early on without the ProEFI?

I've searched and I've seen only 1 member here talk about having this setup and doing 1/8 mile on an Auto with a 3700rpm stall TC. Nothing really detailed past that.

Looking for recommendations about the Turbo set and the Auto.
Essentially making sure all my choices make sense for my goals for the car.

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
I couldn't help you much on choosing a stall but that sounds like an awesome setup for responsiveness and street use. There is another guy who is using the stock ECU with the SAFC and Race Logic TC. I believe his name is 1A1 on the forums. He has had an auto before so you may want to seek his advice.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea seeing all the threads with the 6265 + QSV got me excited and made me give up on the idea of getting a S4S twins kit. Every thread with this setup is through a 6-speed, not many Auto's posting. PDRguy06 just set up his gf supra with this setup and an auto but everything's stock. Here's his thread

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
i would imagine with a stock TT stall and your setup, that as soon as you floor it in overdrive and the trans kicks down to 3rd that you're going to be a bat out of hell. good thing you're investing in traction control!

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I've searched and I've seen only 1 member here talk about having this setup and doing 1/8 mile on an Auto with a 3700rpm stall TC. Nothing really detailed past that.
Hmm... wonder who that might be??

Actually my stall is supposed to be a 3200 protorque. But sometimes it goes a little further, not sure what that's all about. I'm thinking the titan 3500 would be perfect since it seems to rob less power than others. I don't even have a qsv and still pulled a good launch but as I said my rpms were more in the 3600-3800 range.

I just bought the 1.00 divided housing and soon will be buying a QSV. I'll update my thread when I get it installed and go back to the strip, I'm really excited about the setup but I have the same questions as you about which turbo with which stall. I want to lean towards a smaller stall because its fully engaged at a lower RPM and much more streetable but with the QSV you may even be able to launch good with the 6765.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Mike, I think you will be fine with the 3700 stall TC once you are making your power goal, but if you are looking to step that down you should look into the Titan 3500 stall TC. I am currently running that through a Boost Logic transmission and I couldn't be happier with the response of this combination.

Also the 6265 should easily get you to your goals once you've done the fuel. If you are planning on running E85 in the future, you might want to go a little larger on the injectors but for pump and race gas 1000cc will be fine.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Dave & Carter, Thanks for chiming in. I read that for an E85 system you would need to deliver 30% more fuel for rated whp and in some cases 50%. VR4bats has this setup with 1000cc Precision Injectors and made 634 whp and 677 ft lbs wtq @ 28psi. Found another thread that stated 600-650hp on 1000cc injectors have a 90% IDC. 1150cc equate to 80% IDC. Looks like the 1150cc will be more on the safe side and I guess my feelings were right on going with a tighter stall. Anyone looking for a Midwest 3800rpm Stall TC? ;)

BTW Dave, I saw your build thread.... awesome work, makes me wish I have the time, patience and garage to do the work myself ;)

-Mike

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Mike, I think you have the right idea with the injectors now. 1000cc will be sufficient for maybe 600-650 but I think it’s on the edge and the 6265 has been known to go 700+ rwhp. 1150cc will be much better. I’m going with a set of Precision 1200cc injectors for E85 on my 6265 which should be more than enough for my goals. What are your thoughts on your fuel pump setups (you mentioned a dual setup). With the 1200cc injectors, I’m going to go from a dual Walbro to a triple Walbro setup just to make sure I have enough fuel on E85. If I had Denso’s I would probably stay with the dual setup.

Also thanks for the kind words on my build. Since the Supra isn't my DD, I had plenty of time to work on the car, the garage space was tight at my house but made a world of difference when I had the car at my parents house. Patience though was tricky. I kept thinking that if I cut corners, I would have to do things over again so I took my time.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave, I've read that people have experienced a couple failures with the walboro's. Most of them are moving to dual bosch 044, what differs between them all is whether they run them external or intank / parallel or push + pull. I'm a little conflicted because while there's a lot of success running this setup, some people report that bosch tech says that the bosch 044 is not e85 compatible. As you can tell I'm still reading up and learning about the e85 fuel setups. Alot of folks outside the supra community are running this setup successfully as well.

There are threads where ProEFI has safety features to protect the engine from fuel pump failures, another plus for having a Pro EFI system.. It will automatically dial in boost and timing if it senses huge drops in fuel pressure / delivery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts