Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I have a choice between the 2 the Hks dragger for around 950 buxs or the tanabe system for 750. the tanabe system is 200 dollars cheaper. But i have no idea what either looks like or sounds. Does some one have pics of either exhuast. I also hear the hks dragger and tanabe are both really quite wich I do like an exhaust that makes some noise to it. Wich one out of the 2 is the loudest and nicest sounding???? also which one flows better?? any input would be great guys!

Edit: ok after much resarch I found that both are very quite wich is gay. Though the tanabe sounds much better becuases its cheaper and it is stainless steel. I was wondering if a local exhaust shop could cut out the resonator and still make it flow the same and would it make it sound louder???

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
I'm hoping that price you are posting is Canadian dollars, cause they aren't anywhere near that much in US dollars.

Being in Canada you would want a stainless setup. Tanabe being the best for that price wise. But if you want something stainless that is louder, get the Blitz. It has a similar look to that of the Drager, but just a bit smaller canister. You also will get a silencer with it in case it's a bit too loud for you. If you want loud and stainless, go with the Blitz.

·
Registered
601 Posts
doom26462 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok I have a choice between the 2 the Hks dragger for around 950 buxs or the tanabe system for 750. the tanabe system is 200 dollars cheaper. But i have no idea what either looks like or sounds. Does some one have pics of either exhuast. I also hear the hks dragger and tanabe are both really quite wich I do like an exhaust that makes some noise to it. Wich one out of the 2 is the loudest and nicest sounding???? also which one flows better?? any input would be great guys!

Edit: ok after much resarch I found that both are very quite wich is gay. Though the tanabe sounds much better becuases its cheaper and it is stainless steel. I was wondering if a local exhaust shop could cut out the resonator and still make it flow the same and would it make it sound louder???
What the hell is peoples fascination with being loud? I dont understand it. Personally I want to be as quiet as possible, less cops to deal with.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey man, where you finding the tanabe for 750 CAD??? I've found one site so far that is selling it for that price including shipping. I would go with Tanabe as mentioned above.

·
Registered
559 Posts
once my 3" crush bent goes im going with RSR GT2 or JIC bullet SS. the RSR is hard to beat for the price but i heard the JIC clip on mk3brents car and it sounded awesome

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
No complaints with my Blitz NUR spec here. Love every minute of it. If you're going stainless, see if you can find one used. That will be even better bang for the buck. I've had a few compliments on how nice my exhaust sounds, not trying to brag, but I figure that must count for something. I've also had a few buddies run the Tanabe. Your choice ultimately. Keep in mind the Blitz may need 1-2 inches cut off to fit. They made it longer for the Cal. emissions cars.

·
Registered
208 Posts
tkvtec said:
No complaints with my Blitz NUR spec here. Love every minute of it. If you're going stainless, see if you can find one used. That will be even better bang for the buck. I've had a few compliments on how nice my exhaust sounds, not trying to brag, but I figure that must count for something. I've also had a few buddies run the Tanabe. Your choice ultimately. Keep in mind the Blitz may need 1-2 inches cut off to fit. They made it longer for the Cal. emissions cars.

do you have any sound clips? I know there's some in the other threads but yeah, u know....it don't work for everyone :dunno:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Give me your email and send you a vid of my 1j supra with a tanabe, no cat, and full Y pipe/dp.

I actually forgot how quiet it really is, I was able to hold it at 2k rpms in my garage and have a conversation with my friend who was outside the car w/o raising my voice. WOT under boost is a different story though it sounds great 7m or 1j and will keep you under the radar for normal everyday driving. Plus like Trent said, stainless is your friend.

I always support the Tanabe its tough, quiet, cheap, and doesnt sound like rice.

·
Banned, jk lol
3,871 Posts
I think for the cost, I'm just gonna buy a Tanabe muffler and get custom piping at an exhaust shop. Custom exhaust is most of the time always cheaper than full catbacks.

-Matt

·
Registered
347 Posts
GotToyota? said:
I think for the cost, I'm just gonna buy a Tanabe muffler and get custom piping at an exhaust shop. Custom exhaust is most of the time always cheaper than full catbacks.

-Matt
Most of the time always huh?
:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
tkvtec said:
Haha no they didn't make it for Cal cars. Blitz made it for the 1jz cars. And it will fit without cutting it no problem. I installed many of them over the years including one on my own car. You do not have to cut anything on the Nur Spec to make it fit. The rubber mounts will be stretched a bit, but that's all. Everything else WILL work.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i myself went with a custom set up. allows u to add as many resonators as u want to lower sound a bit and gives u the look u personally want. also to mention it is cheaper yes...only flaw is that other ones r higher quality work and last longer (although my custom setup has yet to fail me and my supra runs still in teh winter)

·
Chasing Leaks 24/7
214 Posts
Trent said:
Haha no they didn't make it for Cal cars. Blitz made it for the 1jz cars. And it will fit without cutting it no problem. I installed many of them over the years including one on my own car. You do not have to cut anything on the Nur Spec to make it fit. The rubber mounts will be stretched a bit, but that's all. Everything else WILL work.

I had to leave off a few rubber hangers to make it fit and it was a horribly tight squeeze getting it to even line up with the CAT. I even undid the mounts on the downpipe to allow some more give, but I had to pry them each way about two inches just to get them to line up. They overlapped so bad when I first hung everything that I removed a few rubber hangers and was eventually able to get it to line up, but they way it sits, the catback rubs on metal near the driver rear wheel well. I haven't looked in a while so I can't specifically tell you what it hits. I guess it's hit or miss. My car is an 87 with a stock DP for now. Not sure if that makes much of a difference, but mine definitely needed modification to fit right.

·
supra crazzzy
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
92SupraMan said:
Give me your email and send you a vid of my 1j supra with a tanabe, no cat, and full Y pipe/dp.

I actually forgot how quiet it really is, I was able to hold it at 2k rpms in my garage and have a conversation with my friend who was outside the car w/o raising my voice. WOT under boost is a different story though it sounds great 7m or 1j and will keep you under the radar for normal everyday driving. Plus like Trent said, stainless is your friend.

I always support the Tanabe its tough, quiet, cheap, and doesnt sound like rice.
my email is [email protected]

also has anyone ever tried taking the huge ass resonator out of the tanabe???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts