Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,143 Posts
Speed shops.

Any SSbraided -8an hose will fit the valve covers, then you just get fittings for the other end.

Try summit, or even ATPturbo if you want to spend the money on all that.

Regular hose at advanced or VatoZone will carry what you need to just plumb the stuff.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
i love them stainless steel braided wires. they are ftw. :p

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
hah VatoZone

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
I ordered a Greddy catch can too. Its still in route. I haven't looked into how to run the lines. So I just run two lines from the valve covers to the catch can. Do I block off the nipple at the throttle body and the nipple at the intake tube?

Thanks,
Dennis

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
No, run 1 line to the accordian tube and the other line to both the valve covers (im using the NA pcv pipe). Then cap the throttle body and call it good. The catch can need vacuum to pull vapor out of the crankcase.

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
selz202 said:
No, run 1 line to the accordian tube and the other line to both the valve covers (im using the NA pcv pipe). Then cap the throttle body and call it good. The catch can need vacuum to pull vapor out of the crankcase.
Got it, thanks.

·
Car is being held ransom.
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MK3Brent said:
Speed shops.

Any SSbraided -8an hose will fit the valve covers, then you just get fittings for the other end.

Try summit, or even ATPturbo if you want to spend the money on all that.

Regular hose at advanced or VatoZone will carry what you need to just plumb the stuff.

Ok, I checked Summit and the prices for SS braided lines are very reasonable so I plan on going that route. The Earl's Performance Auto-Flex Hose (SS braided) is $17.88 for 3ft of -8 AN.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...923289+4294906635+4294906615+115&autoview=sku

There is also another hose which is Earl's Performance Perform-O-Flex Hose (SS braided) which is $27.99 for 3ft of -8 AN. Thats $10 more for something I dont know the difference of. I am sure the auto-flex is more than I need.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...923289+4294906635+4294906615+115&autoview=sku

If this hosing will directly attach to the valve cover nipples, then what do I need to attach the other end to the catch can?

Also, since 3ft is obiously too long, how do I go about cutting the hose and reconnecting it?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
You could always do it like this. The catch can is in the lower lefthand corner if you dont notice it.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
The problem with those greddy catch cans is that the inlet, and outlet are next to each other. that's not going to do jack for seperating the oil from the water. You need to create a series of baffles between the inlet and outlet of the can.

I need to design one with baffles and stainless steel wool that would work properly. obviously.. the mk3 group wouldn't buy it due to price. :(

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
There arent many, i dont know of any of the top of my head. Im sure summit has some...

Aljordan: If i remember right Larry A was looking for a properly baffled cc, I for one would be willing to pay the $ to get a system thats right, depending on the specs of it. I know there are alot of other mk3 guys that will pay the price to do it right.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
selz202 said:
There arent many, i dont know of any of the top of my head. Im sure summit has some...

Aljordan: If i remember right Larry A was looking for a properly baffled cc, I for one would be willing to pay the $ to get a system thats right, depending on the specs of it. I know there are alot of other mk3 guys that will pay the price to do it right.

IIRC, Larry A used P3 cooling heatsinks in his catch can. He pretty much made his own baffles. I'm not sure if used a greddy can or what. i've only found one can that had baffles, and it was for the 300Z crowd. In fact, it had 2 cans joined together.

I would like an aluminum cylinder with inlet and outlet 180° apart on the top of the can. A wall between them with a 2" opening at the bottom, and stainless steel wool packed into the empty space. This would yield superior results as far as an oil / air seperator and would look great. I would mount it in front of the radiator, and behind the IC. There is plenty of room there.

Maybe I'll design one up, and have MDC make one, and then he can sell them with whatever you guys want as far as fittings go. Either AN or barbs. Would likely be more cost effective if I used 1/2 inch AL tubing rather than barb fittings. Can drill a hole and weld easier than drill and tap a hole.

I would guess that it would be in the neighborhood of $150 or so. Figuring about an hour of labor and material.

·
Car is being held ransom.
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
aljordan said:
IIRC, Larry A used P3 cooling heatsinks in his catch can. He pretty much made his own baffles. I'm not sure if used a greddy can or what. i've only found one can that had baffles, and it was for the 300Z crowd. In fact, it had 2 cans joined together.

I would like an aluminum cylinder with inlet and outlet 180° apart on the top of the can. A wall between them with a 2" opening at the bottom, and stainless steel wool packed into the empty space. This would yield superior results as far as an oil / air seperator and would look great. I would mount it in front of the radiator, and behind the IC. There is plenty of room there.

Maybe I'll design one up, and have MDC make one, and then he can sell them with whatever you guys want as far as fittings go. Either AN or barbs. Would likely be more cost effective if I used 1/2 inch AL tubing rather than barb fittings. Can drill a hole and weld easier than drill and tap a hole.

I would guess that it would be in the neighborhood of $150 or so. Figuring about an hour of labor and material.
Any answers for my questions above? ^^

1 - 20 of 20 Posts