Supra Forums banner

Which route to go?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· TOASTY!
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a genuine Greddy catch can, however I am thinking about going with a JEGS style crankcase evac kit, and welding on -10 fittings to the valve covers. I believe the evac kit will make things cleaner in the engine bay, but I am not sure which route to go!

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
Woot first to vote.

· Addicted to oil
3,457 Posts

· CAR > FAMILY
218 Posts
If I'm seeing this correctly, you're using the exhaust as vacuum to pull through the catch can? Why not just go straight from the valve covers to the exhaust?

My understanding is that the problem with the evac system is that it only works at WOT and that the check valves are going to start leaking sooner or later.

· Addicted to oil
3,457 Posts
If I'm seeing this correctly, you're using the exhaust as vacuum to pull through the catch can? Why not just go straight from the valve covers to the exhaust?

My understanding is that the problem with the evac system is that it only works at WOT and that the check valves are going to start leaking sooner or later.
I could have easily but I already had the catch can installed then I installed the crankcase vent, plus i like the added benefit of some kind of indicator how much was going through the system. As far as WOT, thats when there is the most blow by. It will still flow at cruising but the best vacuum is WOT. I just never liked the idea of oil going back threw my turbo.

Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.