Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE
Aem's repair shop informed me ALL idle circuits are burned out and they cannot repair it, so a ~ $500 (plus shipping) replacement board from AEM is the only fix. Years ago, I let a supraforums member borrow my ecu to help them diagnose an issue with their Supra and as a result it damaged my AEM EMS v1. Sadly, the lesson learned is to never let someone from Supraforums borrow your ECU to "test" their car. Being a good Samaritan cost me ~$600 (with shipping) or ~$1,500 if I upgrade to Aem Infinity 506. :(

Hi guys (and gals),

I converted my 2JZ-GE car to is300 coil packs and am curious why it’s idling so high above the base target in AemPower software (Aem Ems v1)?

Yes, I reset base timing with a timing light using AemPower’s setup feature. What are typical reasons for this not caused by a vacuum leak?

The only way I was able to lower the idle was significantly retarding the ignition timing map to the point where the exhaust headers started to turn red. This didn’t seem right, so I went back to original map settings hoping there is a better method to get idle stable right?

This idle air control valve passed the Toyota ohms test and I can see it changing position trying to decrease idle. I temporarily increased “Idle FB below rpm” to 2800 because the car idles so high. I also zero’d out the ignition vs idle offset table temporarily, but no change.

Can anyone in the Dallas (or online) area please help me today?

After I posted the above picture, I tried lowering the far right side of the ignition vs idle rpm table to -30 degrees at 300 rpm “Idle Target Error,” and it brought my idle speed down and decreases the “Idle Target Error,” but does that seem right? When I do this it feels like the exhaust headers get very hot...I notice coolant temperatures slightly increase too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ll pay anyone $50 (Paypal or cash if you’re in Dallas) who can help me fix this today 🙂.

It has to be something simple because the car ran perfect before on the old distributor setup with this same Aem Ems v1. I just need the car driveable in vacuum, so I will not boost.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: it was the idle air control valve. It passed the ohms test, but failed the power-movement test. So, I extended the tip out just enough to give me ~1,250 rpm idle and 1150 rpm idle with AC/heater turned on. It stays locked in this position because the valve does not move no matter what signal it receives.

Here is my static from-da-hood 100% discount temporary fix:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was testing this replacement iacv wrong.
After I applied 12 volts to both middle terminals and grounded each of the S terminals (outer corners), I could see the plunger moving with each grounding step.

The 2 middle terminals of the 6-wire connector from the harness show 12.2 volts. However, when i switch the ignition on and off with iacv plugged in, the plunger does not move.

What could cause the iacv not to receive the correct ground signals from the harness? Is there a fuse in this circuit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts