Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose anyone have or used this shiffter in a supra? I would like to find one used and just wondered if it is better or worse than the two shiffters that are now being offered. If you own one do you have the install and part's sheet that came with the shiffter and dose it have a better lock out than the B&M plastic one? Thanks.
Michael McClain.

PS. This would be going in a 98. If that makes a difference.

A

·
0 Posts
I have a B&m and it has a metal lock out. I know this wasnt a question but I just thought I would tell you I have not installed it yet and would also like to hear about the c's kit also.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I believe that plastic lockout were in the early release models that were sent to shops or used at meets/shows. They all have metal lockouts and reduce shift greatly.. awesome item. I think the C's is just a modified stock shifter... go with the B&M ;)

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Suprascene.com said:
I believe that plastic lockout were in the early release models that were sent to shops or used at meets/shows. They all have metal lockouts and reduce shift greatly.. awesome item. I think the C's is just a modified stock shifter... go with the B&M ;)
C's is not a modified stock shifter, it's a billet shifter. You can recognize one because it's the only one to have a billet pull-ring for the reverse lockout, as opposed to plastic. But thank you for saying "I believe" before that sentence, Jiffy Lube. ;)

The C's is, as far as I know, discontinued. There are two shifters out now, Bryce Danna's, and B&M. Bryce's is a modified stock shifter, but IMHO is a better design because the reverse lockout is the big stock tab rather than a little screw on the B&M.

Andi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts