Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the torque specs on the ARP bolts on the CCW classics? I have a leak in the wheel on 3 of the bolts and I want to make sure I don't over torque the bolts.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to let people know, it's 30ft/lbs. Unfortunately, it's still leaking air so I'm going to try some RTB silicone to seal the leak.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
The stuff I think ccw told us to use was the 3m perfect clear silicone, which you can get from any home improvement store.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Recap: I removed every single ARP bolt from the center one by one and applied some RTB silicone to each of the thread and head of the nut. Torqued each of the nuts to 30ft/lbs and I no longer have a leak. I removed the driver side rear CCW and noticed that every bolt on the center of that wheel was barley torqued down as well. It took about 6 full revolutions of the nut to achieve the 30ft/lbs. I have not removed the front wheels to see if the bolts are torqued down to 30ft/lbs because they are not leaking any air but I'm thinking I should now. Can another CCW owner verify the torque specs on their wheels?

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
CCW has a video on their website of the proper torque #'s and methods for disassembling and reassembling their wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts