Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CCW clean up / Zoop seal applying thread

Some of you may have seen my pervious thread about where I left some brake dust on my CCW 505As and it really messed them up:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581613

SO this thread is dedicated to how I went about getting them back to its original state, then appyling zoop seal to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Here is what we started with. This is after the wheel was washed.:

So here is what you need:

1.A flat head to take your wheel weights off

2. Buffing wheels that attach to a drill

3. Dimond Brite metal polish ( can be found a lowes where they sell the tool boxes for trucks)

4. a dremell ( it will make is easier, not a must have)

5.PLENTY of lent free mircofiber towles

6. Adams metal polish for finial shine before ZOOP seal

7. Zoop seal.

8. Face protection and eye protection. Your going to get dirty!!!!

TAKE THE WHEELS WEIGHTS OFF. If you don't you are going to get a permante spot on your wheel down the road when you get new tires.

Okay.. To start make sure you wash the hell out of the wheels so your not catching debris and dragging it along the surface of the wheel.

After your done with that, get your drill ready with a buffing wheel attachment and this stuff:

Next start going to town. I started on the barrel. I just pour a little bit of dimond brite on there at a time. Its good to have a corded drill with a bit of tq.

After the barrel was done I moved on to the face of the wheel.

To get in to the hard to reach spots I used a dremell. Make sure you put a fair amount of polish on the hard to reach spots, it will use the polish very quickly.

If you get some minor hot spots on the metal, its not a big deal. Adams polish will blend it back in as long as you haven't burn it too bad.

After you got the face of the wheel and the hard to reach spots, I moved on to the lip. The lip isn't extremely big, but the drill works just fine.

Make sure your going back after you polished and wipe down the area with a clean microfiber towel. If you want, go back over your big spots with adams. It will clean her up just a little bit more than the dimond brite

After your done, it should look like this:

Not to bad.

Okay after all that is done ( about 9-10 hours for me) I want to seal this bad boy. There is no way i'm doing this over again..lol.

Zoop seal. I thought this stuff was going to be a pain in the ass, but it wasn't that bad at all.

1. Your going to wash the wheel per the instructions and the chemicals supplied with the kit:

( my soon to be wife giving me hand)

Make sure you put some ass into washing this wheel, the cleaner is awsome.

After your done, make sure you dry the wheel completely with a lint free microfiber towel. This is important. Here is what she'll look like after she is dry:

Now to apply the sealant. Here is what it looks like:

It has a very strong smell so be ready for it.

The directions say to put a very thin layer on the wheel and to apply it only it one direction. I was very nervous to do this, but it wasn't bad, and it does on quick.

I used to towel supplied to apply it:

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
CCW clean up / Zoop seal applying thread

It will have a slight haze to it, completely normal.

After you have applied this to all the wheels, your going to have to wait for about an hour depending on your weather.

Wait until its dry to the touch.

Then your going to start buffing ( this is only for polished parts), each wheel will take about 45 mintues to buff.

( yes my fiancee did two wheels, that is why i'm marrying her!)

You can see here what it will look like when it buffs out:

After its all done, here is what mine looked like.

I left the flash on this one, because it tends to show flaws.

If you have any questions, please ask. That is why I made the thread.

I hope I can help someone that is in the same position I was in.

·
GOT OIL ...?
1,409 Posts
daamn , looks like they are back in a nib condition .. im glad u solved that issue .

but what is the cop car doing inthe back lol ?

props on ur patience man and amazing set of wheels

joe

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
daamn , looks like they are back in a nib condition .. im glad u solved that issue .

but what is the cop car doing inthe back lol ?

props on ur patience man and amazing set of wheels

joe
Thanks Joe! The police car is mine ;)

awesome job and great write up with the pics.
Thank you sir!!

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,875 Posts
Nice work private ! Looks like some elbow grease went into this but well worth it

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Fucking stellar job man, fiancee is def a keeper too... down in the dirt with you and all.

Amazing job.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
okay so you apply the final sealant on it after you buff it right, My Brand new CCW just arrived from CCW and i just got done polishing them up with the polish product supply by CCW.

I want to protect it so i won't have to go through the Heache that you just got through.

thanks for the write up.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I've got a tip that I found useful...

Instead of sitting in the floor and having the wheel standing up like that, you can get a round garbage can, turn it upside down and fit the wheel over it. It elevates the wheel and makes it much easier to work on.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Great info.. You should have got a lawn chair and beer and kicked back in the background of the one pic of her cleaning the wheel. That'd would have made an awesome pic

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Keep us updated on how well the Zoop seal holds up.
Will do! I'm excited to see how this stuff is.

Nice work private ! Looks like some elbow grease went into this but well worth it
Thanks man!
Fucking stellar job man, fiancee is def a keeper too... down in the dirt with you and all.

Amazing job.
Thanks buddy, I appreiate it :bigthumb:

okay so you apply the final sealant on it after you buff it right, My Brand new CCW just arrived from CCW and i just got done polishing them up with the polish product supply by CCW.

I want to protect it so i won't have to go through the Heache that you just got through.

thanks for the write up.
I'm sorry, I have confused you a little bit.

The final seal is what you buff it with. You apply to actually zoop seal, let it dry to the touch, and then the final seal is what you buff it with. You use it just like wax on a car, but you don't let it sit, you buff it out as soon as your done applying.

When you get the kit, you'll see what i'm saying.

I've got a tip that I found useful...

Instead of sitting in the floor and having the wheel standing up like that, you can get a round garbage can, turn it upside down and fit the wheel over it. It elevates the wheel and makes it much easier to work on.
Yea I should have done that, I'm sore as hell.

Great info.. You should have got a lawn chair and beer and kicked back in the background of the one pic of her cleaning the wheel. That'd would have made an awesome pic

Hahahaha that would have been funny!!

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Car = hot.
Wheels = hot.
Girl = hot.
Thread = win.

:)

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car = hot.
Wheels = hot.
Girl = hot.
Thread = win.

:)

Thanks Dan!!!:D

benzo555;7505093good job & write up... now if I can get the wifey to do it is another issue! lol :)[/QUOTE said:
Haha, you never know! I didn't think she was going to help, but she jumped right in.

Great job! Be safe out there on the streets, LEO!
Thank you very much sir ;)

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
definitely a very impressive outcome! nice contribution to the community with the write-up too!

craig

1 - 20 of 162 Posts