Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, just wondering if the class track wheels are ok to use on the street every once and awhile, or even full time. Whats the difference between the track wheels and street wheels?

this is silvinos car I believe.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
i don't understand what you're asking, are you asking if r compounds are practical for street use? the wheels themselves shouldn't affect anything .... I know sil's ccw's require rolling of the fenders but thats something you would have done regardless for the track

·
i recorded mark7m001.mp3
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I was just asking about the wheels themselves, not the R-compound tires. My apologies for kinda being unclear. I'm guessing the track ones are just lighter than the street versions they sell? I'm aware of the fender rolling and such to put these massively wide rims on. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I would not run the ccw track wheels on the street they are quite soft,I have bent them twice at the track and on the street it would only take a good pothole at 65 and bent rim. But for the track they are the most economical solution and perform well.

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
really?

I spoke with John @ CCW about the differences and they weren't too major. The track versions have don't have pressed in inserts for the lug holes and use aircraft grade bolts instead of ARP. The inserts prevent rust. Also, the track versions usually have the swiss cheese option which is extra cuts off a few pounds per wheel. I had that option for the street and never ran into any problems.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I have a set of ccw and a set of kinesis k58 and the difference is huge. The wheel shells on the ccws are thinner and the wheels are lighter. I use the kinesis for around town and ccw for track, they do bend done it twice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts