Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first Supra, a grey TT-94, will recieve it next friday...can hardly wait... :)

It's delivered with stock stereo but not the cd player, just the old casette deck, is it possible to buy an aftermarket cd changer to this unit?
What brands and model do you guys recommend and what sort of connectors between deck and changer?
Want it to be cheap this time, probably rebuilding whole system within 12 month.

Or is it better to replace it with an aftermarket CD...

Thx.
:cool: :D

·
651 Posts
Huh???

What kinda Supras are they sellin' over there in the land of 6' tall blonde women?

Maybe I am a little bit uneducated on this topic but, I have never seen a Supra with a stock tape deck. Everyone I have seen with the stock unit had an indash cd player ALONG with the tape.

Neverthless, Does the unit have a "CD" button on it?

If so, I believe an Eclipse unit may work with an adaptor.

I am sure the cable is not ran however.

That radio was more than likely swapped out.

Unless Euro-spec Supras have different headunits stock??

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kinda Supras are they sellin' over there in the land of 6' tall blonde women?

Maybe I am a little bit uneducated on this topic but, I have never seen a Supra with a stock tape deck. Everyone I have seen with the stock unit had an indash cd player ALONG with the tape.

Neverthless, Does the unit have a "CD" button on it?

If so, I believe an Eclipse unit may work with an adaptor.

I am sure the cable is not ran however.

That radio was more than likely swapped out.

Unless Euro-spec Supras have different headunits stock??

Over here (Sweden) there were no Supra MkiV sold at all, but in germany there were, so my Supra is imported from there.

The differens between yours and hours must be that we always have a 6ft tall beautiful blond woman sitting next to us.. :D

And that the hood scoop some of you guys have are stock on our Supras.

We also have an electric spoiler in front under the usual one, wich occcurs when you exceed 40Mph, or can be forced manually with a button to be shown when you park the car and whant it even more nice.... :)

Stock cassette deck, YES some Supras 93-94 were sold with a stock cassette player, not the other which is both CD and cassete.

I havn't seen the unit yet so I don't know if there was a CD button, if there is I can definately be sure that it was a changer available....

I have to wait until the car arrives next friday to be sure....

thx
:cool: :D :cool:

·
Man Of Leisure
15 Posts
Your best bet might be to just try and find a used CD/cassette deck from a supra over here and try putting it in. ??? That's what I'd do at least....

Best of luck!

·
Poser Extraordinaire
350 Posts
or you can always use a RF cd changer or just get a new head unit with CD player and maybe a CD changer

Ting

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will probably buy a cd player, it's probably the easiest way...
There are so few Supras here so buying one used unit is impossible...

And I can't use the radio if I buy one from you guys "over there"

And at the end of this year I'll probably rebuilt the whole system so I will now buy a CD that is good enough for that system.

Thx

:D :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts