Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Boost Addict
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the question of which newer/different Toyota radios will fit in our cars, so I figured I would give a little bit of info that I learned tonite :)

This first pic is the stock tape deck:

This is the radio I installed tonite:

the amp that came with it, I stuffed behind the radio (for now); for mounting, I just swapped over the brackets from the old radio. everything else was plug-n-play.
Not sure of the original application of the radio, I just prowled through eBay to find one that had both antenna jacks in the back. The pn on the front of the CD is A34210, and on the radio is 51703. I know this isn't much info, but hopefully it will help someone who is wanting to replace their stock tape deck.

Here's the pics from the auction page:

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
I just hooked up my audio this weekend also. Except mine is custom because I don't have a lot of money and I don't want a bunch of heavy ass speakers so I just kept it minimal, but loud enough for when I need something louder than my exhaust. I finished the installation right before a 2 hour drive, talk about great timing.

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
speaking of which, i have a MKIV radio, amp and harness to install in my car, but i dont have the mounting brackets that are supposed to screw into the side of the radio... anyone have these?

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
flubyux2 said:
speaking of which, i have a MKIV radio, amp and harness to install in my car, but i dont have the mounting brackets that are supposed to screw into the side of the radio... anyone have these?
If you go to the junkyard, you can pull off the Dual dun size radio mounting bracket from a Camry or...Supra....the holes line up and works fine.

I got two sets for 2 bucks..and I used it to install as Stereo and a DSP......works like a charm

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
:redxd::redxd::redxd:...

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
oh sweet, sounds like a good idea.. .better than trying to order the shit from the dealer. good thinking mang.

C

·
0 Posts
radio

guys i have a supra and i was trying to install it with out the stock amp and i have no idea how to do it if i dont plug in the amp the radio have no power and the thing is that the amp doesnt work.

so what can i do?

·
Boost Addict
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if the radio is designed for an amp, it has to have it. The radio gets its power through it. I'd go to a junk yard, or eBay, and by a used amp. There's a lot of different year/car models that will work, just make sure it has the same plugs as yours. HTH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts