Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SUPRAfied
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking for new carpet, and i cant find any 82-85 complete carpets, but i found 82-85 celica carpet. can i put celica carpet in my mk2? or are they 2 different molds?

·
Registered
717 Posts
My guess is yes. My celica feels exactly the same as my supra on the inside. They use the same cabin design, so therefore I would put money on yes.

--BillyM

·
SUPRAfied
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, ill give it a shot, its only $180, lol, anywho, if it doesnt fit i have 30 days to return it

C

·
0 Posts
$180??? thats expensive. are you getting it from an auto wrecker? im in Canada, and you get a whole interior including seats, carpet, headlinder, dash, the whole works for $150. lol. pick'a'part rules.

·
2JZ Mk2
1,183 Posts
That's about what NEW carpet costs. Good luck ever finding a perfect interior at a U-pull-it-yard.

S

·
0 Posts
I have done some research on the celica carpets since I could not find a supra carpet specifically for the mk2. the mk2's were called CELICA supras so i assume that if a co says celica they that would include the (celica) supras too(?)

Anyway i saw Auto Carpet Systems Inc. offer a molded carpet for the celica for $140 at jcwithney. As far as i know this co does not have a website. The pic on the jcwithney catalog shows a one piece molded carpet.

Another co Auto Custom Carpets does also list a "complete" carpet for the celica in the catalog at their website but they did not qoute any prices in the catalog.

·
'85 Supra P-Type
172 Posts
Where in Canada is this pick-a-part fairy land??? :D ;)

cartman said:
$180??? thats expensive. are you getting it from an auto wrecker? im in Canada, and you get a whole interior including seats, carpet, headlinder, dash, the whole works for $150. lol. pick'a'part rules.

·
SUPRAfied
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$180 is the cheap part of my interior restoration. its gonna cost me about $1400-1600 to do my seats and door panels in matching black leather. cali's expencive, i wanna go home to wisconsin, its nice and cheap there, unless youre talking about cigarettes, which are a hefty $5.95/pack. i pay $2.70/pack for marlboro milds:D .. $22/carton

·
'85 Supra P-Type
172 Posts
If you asked this question on the Yahoo mailing list, you'd have a definate answer..

·
SUPRAfied
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
everytime i post something on yahoo, it never shows up on the list, i think my cookies are messed up or something, it was like the problem i had with my old name on this forum. the cookies were messed up that had my old name on them, so i made a new name and everythign was ok.

C

·
0 Posts
pick'a'part is in chilliwack, BC. there got a brand new 83 celica in the lot, and i was the first one there. so i got first dibs on everything. the interior was in really good condition, seats weren't ripped, carpet was awesome. and the dash was awesome too. i was gonna buy it and put it in my supra, but we found a 83 supra for $225 with a blown tranny. so we bought it. now i got a nice blue interior. it was the torque converter that was messed up. the splines were worn down to nothing. we replaced the torque converter for $65 and put new valve guide seals in it, cuz it smoked like crazy. it runs awesome. it getting painted though so its in the shop. ne ways. i'm out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts