Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· DoRi?
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i know some stuff about the gt cour but not alot. I know their rare and i have found one at a decent price but the body is in 6 out of 10 shape. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to buy it and fix the body up a bit and resell or if i should buy it and drive it as a daily? Basicaly i know these cars are over looked all the time and have some great history in the wrc and dont deem to be a bad base platform for if i want to do some rally or auto x. Any one got one or have had one?

· Not so boring anymore
7,936 Posts
I wouldn't but one to fix it up and sell, if you want to dd the car then go for it. I have two, and trying to sell one currently.

· Not so boring anymore
7,936 Posts
yea they're good daily drivers.

As for autox and rally, the chassis is pretty stiff on it. It does have some weight, but you can throw big tires (9-10" wide wheels w/ 275s all around) under them to help keep it planted. The brakes are a bit lacking in stock form for how heavy the car is, but some minor upgrades for a weekend car will help out, but a BBK is recommended for lots of tracking. For rally, they're awd and turbo.. what else is needed (lol I dont know much about how a rally car is setup).

· Annoyed SF Member
1,028 Posts
Got 2 88s in my driveway right now. Cool a$$ cars, both were/are in need of restoration due to age...parts can be a pain to find, its not like the supra community. But its cool to drive something unique and get random people who are like wtf...vs all the sausage that the sup pulls...Mine is actually going under the knife again in 2 weeks for a major overahaul..hope to be back on DD duty after that. As far as a flip opportunity, I dont think so...

· Working OT
9,049 Posts
I looked into getting one but they are crazy overpriced for what it is. Why not just get a turbo mr2 ( which I think are overpriced as well )

· You know I'm retarded...
3,548 Posts
I wouldn't mind get the Alltrac Celica, but when the economy gets better I ill try to get one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.