Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Learned a lesson today… Never drive near a Cement Truck… 70mph a rock the size of a softball came off and no mater which way I went that rock was heading for me… Well, now my hood has two large nasty dents where this rock hit... It looks really bad. So what are my options? Would u just scrap the hood and get a carbon fiber hood, or would you have a body shop work on it. I just have a felling that the paint will never match. It’s a green 97. I don’t like the rice look but I think some carbon hoods look ok. I have never seen one on a green supra though. Im so pissed its not even funny.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
I would have gotten the license plate of the truck and made their insurance pay for a new hood, they are not cheap. I have done some work on my hood, so I know the aluminum can be fixed. If you go carbon fiber I have seen that the VIS hoods fit really nice.

·
11,221 Posts
I think Stu Hagan has a green Supra with cf hood doesn't he? It looks pimp. Also Nick Hogan has one too.

I would try to repair the hood. Get the color code over at www.mkiv.com. Sure the paint may be a lil off since it's a new paint and old paint.

·
Registered
643 Posts
yea man, you should of got the trucks license, or talked tot he driver. They would of paid for it. At this point? Fix your hood your self, its easy. Then sell it on ebay. Then buy a carbon fiber hood. :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This happend in 5 lanes of 70mph traffic and I had no way to prove that his truck did it. It would just me my word against theirs. Its not even worth the trouble. Im not the type to chase a peson down.

I just dont want the car to look rice.. thats all. But if thats the only body mod i guess that would still look ok. I just dont want to pay a body shop 500 to fix it and have it still look kinda bad... and then i could have just bought a carbon hoon.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yea.. this happend to my NA not the TT.. So that will increase the rice effect of the basic carbon, or carbonTRD hood. I dont think i am going to have a chose so time to start looking up who makes the best carbon hood. :(

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for getting those pics...

Wow that looks good.. I am thinking I am going to go ahead and order the Seibon TRD hood from MVP. I dont want something too Aggressive seeing this will be on a NA but I have always wanted a trd hood so fuck it....

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
IMO your better off just buying a new hood if the cost of repair is going to be just as expensive as purchasing a new hood. Take it to a good body shop and have them give you an estimate on the repair and then compare it to the new hood you want to purchase.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
racinghart said:
IMO your better off just buying a new hood if the cost of repair is going to be just as expensive as purchasing a new hood. Take it to a good body shop and have them give you an estimate on the repair and then compare it to the new hood you want to purchase.
When you say new hood.. Do u mean new stock hood or a new carbon hood?

·
Previously Premier Panda
1,750 Posts
Well if cement damaged it, its pretty easy to tell. There is no way the driver of the truck could honestly say that it didnt happen.

I would of thought driving a nice car that you would have the sense to not follow a cement truck.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was changing lanes to get off the freeway and he was in the middle lane and right as i go by.. BLAMMMM! I was not riding his ass or anything.... He was dropping all kinds of rocks from his truck. I did not think it hit hard at all.. because it was not loud and i thought my bumber had hit it.. Even if they would fix it.. they are just going to pay a body shop to fix it.. and there is no way they are gonna match that paint after this many years. So a new hood is really the only option. Even if i followed the guy, he would have just said.. its not that bad and how do u know it was my truck. Just a big pain in the ass thats all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts