Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was wondering if there was going to be any high hp pump gas Supra's attending the central florida meet? Would like to hook up with one to try out the new blower setup on the Viper.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Hrmmm this post smells like Tom... :) however, I think that day make sure your ready.....pump gas or race gas... :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep it's me Jesus :bigthumb: How do you like the new screen name..... I know I'd be outgunned by a big turbo on race gas but I figure I could put up a good run against even a big single on pump gas. A big one on Methanol would be too much for the Viper too probably. Ideally I am looking for a few Supra's in the 500-600 rwhp range on pump. That should provide for a few good shakedown runs.

I should probably bring a Methanol sniffer kit and Adam's siphon pump so I can check the octane in the tanks that night....... Troy got me good one night with the Meth. Was off the bottle and no blower but it still was an ass whippin.

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
pumpgaskiller said:
Yep it's me Jesus :bigthumb: How do you like the new screen name..... I know I'd be outgunned by a big turbo on race gas but I figure I could put up a good run against even a big single on pump gas. A big one on Methanol would be too much for the Viper too probably. Ideally I am looking for a few Supra's in the 500-600 rwhp range on pump. That should provide for a few good shakedown runs.

I should probably bring a Methanol sniffer kit and Adam's siphon pump so I can check the octane in the tanks that night....... Troy got me good one night with the Meth. Was off the bottle and no blower but it still was an ass whippin.
You will find some nice competitors don't worry, you got to give me a ride on that Viper. Did you dyno the car already???

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do. Will be tuned later this week. They are thinking that it will come in just under 700. Anything over 650 on 93 octane with that kind of reliability though and I'll be happy. I'm thinking I should start off with a few BPU's first that weekend then move up to the singles later on. I can probably get away with telling them it's all stock if the blower whine does not give me away. :dunno:

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
pumpgaskiller said:
. I'm thinking I should start off with a few BPU's first that weekend then move up to the singles later on. I can probably get away with telling them it's all stock if the blower whine does not give me away. :dunno:
BPU's? bwahahaa gees please...BPU's? when they trap LOWER than your car STOCK?

·
Kirisute Gomen
2,747 Posts
bigmike said:
that's called "Tampa stock". :bigthumb:
Mike thanks to you... I have to re-clean my computer desk. There's Dr Pepper every where.

Hmm a blower whine? Sounds like a belt is loose there... :bigthumb:

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
pumpgaskiller said:
I'd be willing to give the BPU's the hit though :rolleyes:
How about....you give the lil tiny midget yoyo turbo Supra of mine the hit?? :stickpoke :kekegay:

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
pumpgaskiller said:
Only if you still have the mini-single on there.........
I do man....you can see it if you want, its so small that looks like a mini donut from dunkin donuts ...so I get the hit WOOHOOO!! :beer:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Deal. You get the hit, I choose the start speed. And yes it will be from a roll......... I should have left the nitrous on there too. Luckily I still have it in the garage :)

Did you send me the e-mail on those properties?

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
pump gas killer lol... you and I shoudl be a good race there Tom.. at 700RWHP and 3200 lbs your car is going to be a handful for any of the Supra guys at the meet, unless if you race Nero or Cowboy I think you will give just about anyone a good run.. on pump gas 93 Octane no less : ) I'm going for big #'s too on pump gas : ) Cowboy just made 860RWHP on meth and 93 Octane, he was staying rich at 11.5 : 1 but he has a large meth jet, I'm going to pick up the same sized jet so I should be able to push my car pretty hard on pump.. like I said before, I think I'll tune it for 750RWHP and leave it there, this way I know I will edge you out every time. :)

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
straight6 said:
Deal. You get the hit, I choose the start speed. And yes it will be from a roll......... I should have left the nitrous on there too. Luckily I still have it in the garage :)

Did you send me the e-mail on those properties?
Hrmm ok, make sure Im in 3rd gear then.... :) and why left the nitrous? to put more stress in that engine?? nah man you did good by putting a forced induction power adder there.

PS: Info on the properties are on the way.

J

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
Jesus, he blew a radiator hose, thats all... no detonation at all... you forget, I have the most up to the min news on his car as he takes it to my old shop for work.

:) :)

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
Adam, then why is Larry from SP explaining to him (Eric) those facts? so why did he just blew a radiator hose?? that's not VERY common..unless there is excess of pressure somewhere right? ?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts