Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making this thread in General Supra Forum because I feel that everyone should see this.

The film you're about to download is Claude Lelouch's "C'Etait Un Rendezvous". This is a classic that not a lot of people are aware of, but most definently should be. It's the grandfather of street racing films, the inspiration for film's like the Getaway In Stockholm series. I've literally been searching for a complete, unedited, unbranded, quality copy of this 29 year old film for YEARS and I finally got it. :D

Background

The story goes that one sunday morning in 1976, Claude Lelouch strapped a 35mm camera to the hood of a Ferrari 275 GTB and took it for a ride around the streets of Paris. Now there are lot of questions about this film that to this day, 29 years later, Lelouch refuses to answer. People have questioned if the 275 really broke 200 mph on it's way from the Champs Elysees to the Montmartre as rumored at the time (I doubt this personally, the GTB's top speed was about 175 mph); if it was Lelouch that drove the 275, or was famed Formula One driver Jacques Lafitte, maybe someone else entirely; if Lelouch was actually jailed after the release of this film; and most importantly, was it real? Lelouch won't say anything, he prefers to leave the ere of mystery that has helped make this film such an underground classic intact. The only thing he's ever said about the film is that it relies on absolutely no special effects, editing or camera tricks, that everything you see is exactly as is, 100% real.

But enough of that shit. IT IS OF THE UTMOST IMPORTANCE THAT YOU RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS!

AND DO NOT SHARE THIS LINK WITH OTHER MESSAGE BOARDS!

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS!

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS!

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS!

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS!

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS!

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:

C'Etait Un Rendezvous (Right Click Save As ;))

About the Ferrari 275 GTB

By far one of the most poinant aspects of Rendezvous is the 275's sound. The 275 GTB was built by Ferrari in 1966 to replace the 275 GT in FIA GT racing. In order for the car to race, as per FIA regulations a certain number of production cars were to be built and made available to the public. The 275 GTB is powered by a 60 degree naturally aspirated SOHC V12, featuring 2 valves per cylinder and 3 Weber 40 DF13 Carburetors. The car produces 290 BHP at 7,500 RPM and puts it through the rear wheels with a 5 speed manual. The car is built upon an aluminum chassis and covered with a super thin aluminum body designed by Pininfarina, allowing the car to tip the scales at a mere 2,452 lbs. The sound of the GTB's V12 is yet another component that has helped make this film a legend.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
NOOOOOO The link doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kaneda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*edit*

oops, got it :lol:

·
592 Posts
Real or not, that was pretty damn cool. :bigthumb:

·
Old School
4,051 Posts
Fantastic. The sound alone is worth the download.

·
SC400 Newb
1,438 Posts
6:30~ in the video, he almost hit someone. DAMN lol

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Is it just me or does the engine sound really not match the speed? Sounds like he's going 200mph but then you look at the road and he's just going at a snail's pace. He wasn't going fast at all it seems.

·
Registered
648 Posts
cherzra said:
Is it just me or does the engine sound really not match the speed? Sounds like he's going 200mph but then you look at the road and he's just going at a snail's pace. He wasn't going fast at all it seems.
that's cause it's fake. it is someone driving around town slightly faster than they should, but not someone racing their ass off. they then overlay sounds of a car actually going fast and tire squeal and shit. the car being driven could be a ford festiva for all we know.

amazing how it sounds like he's at the top of 5th gear when he enters the traffic circle around the arc d'triumph. wouldn't that be kind of hard to do going 175 mph? also, when he's in top gear in that beginning portion, he passes another car. he couldn't have been going more than 25 or 30 mph faster than that car.

wow all that loud tire squeeling and high engine revving around corners and people just casually walking by like nothing is going on? you'd better believe people would be stopping in their tracks and running the other way.

i guess what i'm saying is that the *video* is real, but the audio is fake. the guy that made this video is an obvious liar for making a claim that it is unedited.

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
watch the video with the sound off. he's driving pretty damn fast. no one ever said he was going 175 mph, i just said that that was his top speed, i think the fastest he might have gone in the vid is no more than 140 mph. he's not just doddling along through paris with a tape of a 275 GTB playing in the background. people aren't running out of the way because he's coming up on them pretty fast and they likely don't know how exactly to react win a ferrari comes flying around a corner and is headed straight for them at 70 mph. i'd probably stand there for a second too, not believing what was about to happen.

i say the film is real.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts