Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a 3/S'er i'm used to 9b, 13g,15g, etc as bolt ons for my car and 16g, 18g, etc as not bolt on, but requiring new manifolds. As far as Supra's go though it looks like the popular consensus is a single high CFM turbo, w/ big compressor, more lag, but amazing CFM and UNBELIEVABLE top-end, so my Q is what's the CFM rating on T66, T76, T88, T100?

·
Registered
76 Posts
T100? You must be out of your mind if you want it in your car. The "thumper" t100 from turbonetics can make 1500-1650hp on turbo alone. But you can slowly imagine the lag. A turbo that size is only used in local dragsters with big displacement.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
VR400+hp said:
what's the CFM rating on T66, T76, T88, T100?
It varies depending on wheels used and trims chosen. Most flow over 1000cfm @ 15psi, however...

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doesn't the number after the "T" designate a specific wheel size though...

I'd be crazy to think 'bout puttin a T100 in my car, i'm just tryin to figure out flow ratings here for Supra's so I know whether or not to cringe too much when I here T63 or T66 after I upgrade to 15g's in probably about a year.

BTW there is however someone on 3si that's planning a RWD drive conversion and a single T76, I think it's gonna be the first for both those conversions, but then again it will no longer be a 3/S, 'cause that's what we're known for is AWD traction(drivetrain loss too :( ) and quick spool up(terrible top end though :( ). Hell w/ those mods it'll pretty much be a Stealth w/ a "supra" complex 'cause it'll have supra attributes but a Stealth body. IF i do however decide to one day go all out i'll probably follow Art Shevack's example goin w/ twin garrett 3037's and settle w/ "just" 1000hp, but then again his car still has no posted times 'cause I guess he was still workin out some bugs at his last public appearance... Aug 2001 DSM shoot-out, but when it's up and running it'll be good to see a 3/S finally in the 9's, that's if Matt Monett doesn't beat him to it though....

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
", i'm just tryin to figure out flow ratings here for Supra's so I know whether or not to cringe too much when I here T63 or T66 after I upgrade to 15g's in probably about a year."

The best traps I've seen for 15g's are in the mid 128 mph
range(Jack T's [email protected] w/50 shot). The best traps on
stock twins without nitrous are slightly over 126 mph. T-63's
will trap mid 130's and T-66 singles have breached 140mph(both
off the bottle). I think both Matt M(Dynamic) and Mike M(Altered)
have hit 129 mph with larger turbos in there 3S cars. I know
this doesn't give you flow spec comparisons due to weight
and drivetrain loss differences. But it should be a guide to
a roll on street race.
Wayne

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that helps greatly though 'cause REAL WORLD street or strip peformance is better then CFM ratings and dyno testing, just look at the GT399 turbos... those are supposed to be 850cfm each but are still pretty much a project as opposed to a reality.

what are stock Supra turbos, aren't they similar to 15g's as far as flow characteristics and wheel size 'cause the traps are pretty much identical there....

140 traps on T66! :eek: That's gotta be good for low 10's, even high 9's, but then again it's on the bottle(which is pretty much an asterisk as far as times are concerned kinda like Roger Maris hitting 61hr's in 162 games as opposed to 154) but that's the price you gotta pay for such high flowing CFM, 'cause it takes time to get that much forced air into the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts