Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been challenged by a tuned Ferrari F50 Limited Edition on the quarter mile....What do you guys think....
The race would go on the street with no track prep...and the F50 have about 700 hp and weighs 2600 lb...

I run on M/T ET Streets and the F50 on 335 R tires...

After the winter my car would be good for low nines and weighs 3400-3500....

Should i take the bet ?....it about quite much money....

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
Sp400 trans plus 900whp, yep. i know i would take the bet.

how much money:)

Greg

S

·
0 Posts
never race for cash unless you know your opponent VERY well, and remember, the HEAVIER car will suffer MORE for the lack of traction on the street.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GregZ33 said:
Sp400 trans plus 900whp, yep. i know i would take the bet.

how much money:)

Greg
Hopefully the bench will show 1200 + 200 NOS at the flywheel in a month...but that not for shore....but the goal is around that.

It's about $6000 or more.....so i want to be shore to win....i don't afford to lose....,here in sweden you almost never place bet on a race, the guy said that a Supra never could go faster than his F50.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
I doubt he'll put down 700 from a stop on 335R tires. They kinda suck for dragging. You have MT ET streets, warm them up and you'll at least stick for the most part. Here's the info from the ET calculator.

1/4 mile race:

A 2600 lb even car would run 9.0209 @ 151.0975mph if it made 700 RWHP. (This assumes perfect launch, driving, etc. an idea of MAX.)

With 1400 RWHP in a 3500lb car you could run 7.9057 @ 172.41mph through the same calculator. (Again, max, just HP to weight ratio.)

With 1200rwhp in a 3500lb car the #s are [email protected]

For equality to the Ferrari's capability you'd need 940rwhp with 3500lbs to go 9.02 (His max.)

What's that all mean? Odds are on you my man. Ladies and gents', place your bets!

Adam

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts

·
Not compensating at all
185 Posts
Do it pussy... or I will kill 1 fuzzy kitten a day until you agree LOL.
The way I see it you have the advantage with the SP400 and the high Hp. Can this guy drive? That's also a major factor.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IStandalone said:
Do it pussy... or I will kill 1 fuzzy kitten a day until you agree LOL.
The way I see it you have the advantage with the SP400 and the high Hp. Can this guy drive? That's also a major factor.
Poor kittens :cry: ....:D

I don't know him so his driving skills i dont know about.....He just wanted to race a supra beacuse he said that a supra did'nt got a chance even if it's heavely tuned.....but he don't know how tuned my is :devil: .....

·
Registered
904 Posts
If he really shows up on those tires and races you from a dig you should be able to beat him soundly if you are able to get a good launch. By the way, where is this race taking place, a 1/4 mile track or the street? Will you have the car fully prepared by then? In other words, will you have the car fully sorted out and will you have had enough time to practice with your new combo? Sounds very interesting. My bet is on you my friend! Good luck!:D

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
so can u use MT ET Streets? drag radials? i wouldn't bet if you only use 335's, if you can use any kind of drag tire, yes!!! as your car is FAST

-Brett

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
neonafk said:
so can u use MT ET Streets? drag radials? i wouldn't bet if you only use 335's, if you can use any kind of drag tire, yes!!! as your car is FAST

-Brett
"I run on M/T ET Streets and the F50 on 335 R tires..."
;)

Yep..... I can use wich tire i want....and MT ET Street is what i use daily :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AWDLATIN said:
Tape the race
Yeah it's gonna be filmed in case we came trough with the race...

Here in sweden it's winter right now so the race not gonna take place in a couple of month....

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Menghini said:
It's about $6000 or more.....so i want to be shore to win....i don't afford to lose....,here in sweden you almost never place bet on a race, the guy said that a Supra never could go faster than his F50.
Hey I was wondering if the Ferrari guy would accept other peoples bets on this race. I would like to throw down $1,000 so if you could please ask him. If he is not interested, you said that it's about $6,000. So you could throw in $5,000 and I'd throw in the remainder $1,000. Please get back to me on this as I am very serious.

btw I was born in Sweden. Glad to see a Supra community there!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The guy don't have any trouble with money i heard....he got a 550 Maranello to...so I got told to me that he could double the bet if i want too.

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Menghini said:
The guy don't have any trouble with money i heard....he got a 550 Maranello to...so I got told to me that he could double the bet if i want too.
Allright, well next time you speak to him let me know what he says. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.