Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. A little soar neck but it took a total of 7 hrs labour time. The seal I got from the yota dealership slid in like that with out applying any force. That was odd. So we went to oriely and got their seal that fit in just like the way it should be.

The only problem with their seal was that it was listed under a different car and part # rather then IS, SC300 and MKIV. It was listed under the ES300 V6 motor.

The car started up in the first crank after sitting on jack stands for past 6 months. I had a smile from east to west coast accross my face.:)
Alignment is def out. It needed it any ways.

Ciao.

Atif.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Congrats on the start.
You think that its like that at all parts stores?

8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was like that on auto zone napa and other local stores in the area. the guy at the oriely was really help full and it took us atleast 1.5 hrs to get the right part under a different discription and #.

I did'nt even came up with the cross reference. That was really wiered. I told him that now they know so fix the damn thing. He got the info it from a different retailer after talking to them 10 mins on the phone.

8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
droped the cross member bars and a arms and what all was in the way. did'nt drop the shocks and brakes. Tied it with a good rope that can hold 100lbs. Also suspend the motor in the air with a cherry picker.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
How did you know to change the oil pump in the first place? Did you hear a squeak or something?

Also, did you do the oil pump mod to the pump and what is the part number of the oil seal that you bought? I just used the stock seal and it has been working just fine with a spring out of another seal that is about 4mm shorter. :) That combination has worked for me for quite some time now...years actually with no leaks. :) **Knocks on wood** lol

Take Care

8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blew like 2 seals in the past. first seal, I changed it but it blew off again in 7 months. Second seal, I JB weld that shit and it started leaking after 1yr+. We knew from the second seal change that the oil pump is bad. Since I was gonna have to change it any ways, so we JB weld the shit out of it.

What is the discription in the oil pump mod?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts