Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you may know, TX2K9 or the Supra Nationals is coming up in 3 weeks. Last year I red lit during the semifinal rounds after being the #1 qualifier in a full class with a 9.8 @ 145mph, this year I'm coming with a vengeance!

The car is the same setup as last year, with only very few changes. Last year I had the stock JDM long block...this year I'm running 268 cams. Last year I was running on C16 with 1000cc injectors. This year I have switched to 1200s and Q16.

Also, I removed the A/C out of the car since it is never used and it will never be missed, that and few other small things have dropped total race weight 200lbs.
I am also doing a few cosmetic/functional changes. Here is a few pictures of the progress of the last 2 weeks or so…fast forwarding to today…I will be updating as progress continues :)

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

good news and bad news from this past sunday :( good news bumper is at home waiting to be installed...bad news is, I started the car today and started diagnosing a noise it was making on start up...well then the noise turned out to be that the flexplate bolts came completely undone from the crank and i had to pull the tranny :( now i need a new flex plate new bolts and a few all nighters to make sure I can get everything I need done before the event here is some pictures...first the good..(bumper)

now the bad :(...tranny out of the car

·
The Funny Man
1,254 Posts
That is awesome, you have one killer SC! Love the color, can't wait too see it when it is all back together! Best of luck at TX2K9!!!!

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Car looks SICK, looking foward to seeing it out there again.

BTW - the meet is in 2 weeks. CRUNCH TIME, Im workin on my Supra everyday until we leave for Houston. LOOOOOOONG WEEKS coming up.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
One of the best SC's. Keep at it. You'll get it back to kicking ass status before tx.

what did you do to make your wheels black? Paint? Powder coat? Got a spare set in route for the evo I want to do that too.

·
9's Club
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of the best SC's. Keep at it. You'll get it back to kicking ass status before tx.

what did you do to make your wheels black? Paint? Powder coat? Got a spare set in route for the evo I want to do that too.
Powdercoated gloss black :)

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
SICK Mario, just SICK! I can't wait to see her at TX2K9....now, get off the forum and get to work! :)
Peter

·
Registered
17,677 Posts
Nice work!:agreed:

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
LOL, yea, I know, I was just giving you a hard time...smack Nero and Bottle a couple times for me! :D
Peter

Work??? I"m working!!! remember my boss now is Mr Nero/ Bottle and they are 8ft from me! lol:bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts